X

Front tire Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tire Question

I took my bike to have a new front tire put on. I got there and the tire was already flat, he checked it for leaks and it was good. Then he charged me $50 more than he had quoted me. I got home and looked to make sure the tire had not leaked any air out, and noticed the tire was on backwards. So I have to bring it back over there to have it put on right. The total price was $230 with metzler roadtech. Question is can I take the tire off the forks and turn it around, or do I have to take the tire off the rim and re mount? This sucks. have benn putting tires on in my garage with hand tools the last 2 times. I did'nt feel like messing with it this time, and this is what I get.

I would hope they would fix it for free, since it was their mistake. They charged $230 just for the front? Holy smokes

Comment

They did say they would fix it for free, but I'm to disgusted to bring it back.

Comment

was it a stealership?
        2004 Katana
        GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Gatewood customs in missouri

Comment

well, according to the parts fiche the brake discs are identical. So I don't see why you couldn't just turn it around. Check the rim though, there may be an arrow telling you which way it should go, I don't remember.

Comment

Ya, I dont remember . Its been a while since I had taken the wheel off

Comment

At least around here if its got "Customs" in the name it tends to be overpriced and not always great work (kinda ironic).

You might be able to get away with flipping it since you don't have a front wheel speedo pickup. $230 for the front isn't awful if that includes the tire and you brought them the whole bike. If you can you really should pull the wheel yourself and save some money. Even the stealership here only charges $38.50 for mount and balance if you just bring them the wheel.
                Last edited by RossW; 03-27-2009, 02:59 PM.
                sigpic
                »Ross Wendell
                »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

hm... well im not sure what kind of place that is. the guy i go to, it's a 2 man shop, not even shop really. it's pretty much a storage garage that he's equipped to do bike work in. he does sell stuff, but doesnt keep anything in stock. but they do some great work on bikes. i've had a new front tire, new chain and sprockets, and my slip on installed with them so far. aside from the chain and sprockets, which had to be ordered. i showed up, told him what i needed done and it was taken care of right then. i brought my slip on with me, i was headin home in a half hour, and that's only cause they had a little trouble with the mid pipe. he had a good tire in stock, had that mounted and heading home within an hour, he was also dealing with some stuff on the phone.

long story short, it's a great place. obviously i cant recommend it to you as i doubt you'll want to come to florida for all your work lol. but i suggest trying to find a place like that.
                  2004 Katana
                  GO OWLS!!!

Comment

ok, I didn't read everything before I posted this so this may have already been stated, you can not just turn the rim around. There is a directional arrow on the rim also.

Comment

that sucks, thats what i thought

Comment

Working...
                      X