X

94 kat 600 spark plug boot keep popping up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 kat 600 spark plug boot keep popping up

i got a 94 kat 600 and the plug boots dont seem to stay down on the plug correctly, it seems like the thing is worn out inside do i need to replace these boots or wire ends ? also what should the plug gap be?
    BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

You can replace just the boot, its THREADED on righty tighty, lefty lucy. I can't remember the plug gaps off the top of my head.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Remove the coil and take it to the auto parts store with you. Once there, remove the boot and the metal tip on the bad spark plug wire, grab a new tip and a new boot. Then cut about 1/8" - 1/4" off the wire and attach the new boot & tip. Should fix you right up. If the bike's plug wires are particular old (cracking, brittle), slip a length of heat-shrink tubing over them between removing the old connectors and installing the new ones -- it'll act as extra insulation for the wires and let them survive longer.

PS - plug gap can be looked up at www.ngksparkplugs.com when you cross-reference your bike. The correct NGK plugs come pre-gapped correctly for the Kats, so if you have brand-new ones, it should never be an issue.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Check the rubber dealy that surrounds/sits on top of the boot and is supposed to keep debris out of the plug well . It can get pushed down too far , and keep the boot itself from staying in place like it should .... Ther'es kinda a groove it's SUPPOSED to sit in . If it AIN'T , MAKE it be .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X