X

Noob just being a noob

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob just being a noob

I just changed the oil in my '99 Kat 750 for the first time. I feel like some kind of grease monkey or something! Bring on the real projects!

Next question: how would I mount this Ferrari engine that I saw on ebay onto my bike?

Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Hahahaha. Good on you. It has to start somewhere. First it's doing an oil and filter change.......next it'll be replacing your carbs with fuel injection (maybe).

Comment

Make sure you synch your tach and speedo to swing at the same time too.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Yup, oil change is the first step to full blown Mod Fever
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

yep... that's how i got the mod fever... i did an oil change on my friends bike... then i got my own bike shortly after, well... my brothers bike... and on 4th of july last year i did an oil change. i didnt do much to his bike, except swap the wind screen. his bike is gone, now i have my own. i've changed the windscreen, new grips, new bar ends. have a rear cowl i need painting. tank pad. new pipe. and more to come
            2004 Katana
            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Congratulations. I started that way when I started working on cars. Changed the oil in my Audi 4000s then years later I was doing H22 motor swaps into Honda Accords. Now with wife and kids, I do not have the time now but since I just bought my Katana I am doing small things now.
              FROM WORK:
              "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                I most certainly was !

I'll be here all week, ladies and gentlemen! Be sure to tip your waitresses!

Serious question: a friend who is a bike mechanic that I trust says I need a new chain and sprocket kit. Is that too big of a jump for me to do next? Obviously he'll do it, but just curious about the opinions on this board.

Comment

no, easy, easy stuff dude, you should have no problems. Just don't cut the chain before you brake loose the front sprocket nut. It's way easier to brake that nut loose if you keep the chain on, hold the rear brake and brake that nut loose. Also you need a chain breaker/rivet tool. I'm guessing you don't have one. So have your buddy near by.

Comment

I haven't found it to be too difficult to do anything on the bike so long as you have the proper tools. Just try and figure out what those tools are BEFORE you tear into it

Digging into the engine past doing a valve adjustment starts to get tricker imho.
                    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Working...
                    X