X

Not starting!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not starting!!!!

Ok this is my story bike sat from oct 08'' up until this month. the first day i started the bike up (mind you it has been outside this whole time) it took about 20 mins batt dead so i connected it to the car and it started up rode it around for about 30 mins cause i missed it .

then went out bought a new batt charged it and put the battery on the next night after letting the battery fully charge it came right on with a little choke trired to ride it realized i was very low on gas hit the res tank then took it off not thinkin bike has been sittin placed it at the on position....started to ride then i heard back fire and the bike was spudderin so i got off and got some gas.

put gas in it then i realized they gave me reg instead of super...so i drained the gas and put super in it i also changed the spark plugs...the only way i can explain is when i hook it to the car and try and jump the jump it has a VERY LOW puff sound...lol i know...not really sure but its doesn't sound like it norm does when it is about to start.

ANY HELP PLEASE OR DOES ANYONE LIVE IN NJ WHERE THEY CAN COME HELP ME

don't put super in it, why would you do that.

Comment

thats what i have always put in it i was even told that when i bought the bike

Comment

Super shouldnt hurt the bike, Did you exercise proper storage when you put the bike up this winter, did you put stabil in the gas tank? You might have sucked some gook up into the jets when you switched to res cause all that stuff would have sank to the bottom of the tank, try pushing it off see if that works. Im Curious do you not fill up your own tank? How did THEY put in regular when you wanted super? Here we pay and we choose the grade of fuel.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coreyrf600 View Post
          Super shouldnt hurt the bike, Did you exercise proper storage when you put the bike up this winter, did you put stabil in the gas tank? You might have sucked some gook up into the jets when you switched to res cause all that stuff would have sank to the bottom of the tank, try pushing it off see if that works. Im Curious do you not fill up your own tank? How did THEY put in regular when you wanted super? Here we pay and we choose the grade of fuel.
          If NJ is like Oregon he can't fuel his own bike. It's a strange strange concept and makes filling up late at night a pain since you have to look for a 24 hour gas station :P

Definitely use regular, but ditto on that it shoudn't hurt the bike. I'm going with the you sucked gunk in your carbs from using RES theory. Might try and bump start it a few times if not pull the carbs and give em a good cleaning (it's not too bad as long as you keep all the parts organized) and keep the carbs 102 printout handy.
          Last edited by HexKrak; 03-24-2009, 12:29 PM.
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
            If NJ is like Oregon he can't fuel his own bike. It's a strange strange concept and makes filling up late at night a pain since you have to look for a 24 hour gas station :P
            Why cant you fuel your own bike? Is it like this with cars as well? Is it to help eliminate drive offs?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
              If NJ is like Oregon he can't fuel his own bike. It's a strange strange concept and makes filling up late at night a pain since you have to look for a 24 hour gas station :P.
              You cannot fuel your own vehicle in PRoNJ; has to be done by the attendant. I learned this the hard way when I went to Atlantic City for the weekend with a few friends. Got quite a dirty look when I got out of my car to pump.
              Last edited by PSU08; 03-24-2009, 12:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

no wat happened was i told the guy to fill my gas can i asked for super walked to the mac walked back and he was done....thats wht i think i feel as though its clogged but i don't know how to remove carbs....someone said tried pushing how would i do that is there anyway i can unclog it w/out takin out carbs?

Comment

pushing off the bike is simple find a little hill and get the bike rolling and pop the clutch to get it to start, make sure your on the bike lol. You can do it on flat ground but it is much hard and you have to push it... When my bike was having a hard time starting i pushed it off all the time.
                  sigpic

Comment

will that clear out my carbs....im not tryin to pop some crazy wheelie on the bike and bust my ***

Comment

it wont pop a wheelie it will do almost the opposite dont give the bike any gas just use the clutch and it should start the bike, [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9D3TBy6hYI"]YouTube - How to push start a motorcycle[/nomedia] it might help clean the carbs out if that is your problem but this is how you push start it
                      sigpic

Comment

thanks alot guys i really appreciate everythin i must say kr is the best forum i've been on with anythin no smart comments and fast answer's im actually at work but thanks anything else you can think of keep em coming

Comment

I didn't mean that super was causing your issues. I just mean Katana engines are DESIGNED to run on 87 octane fuel. Anything more is a waste of money. Higher octane will not help a low compression engine like a Katana.

Comment

wow wish i knew that i was told to never put reg in a bike to bad i didn't know this before so it will make no difference....

anyway i took the top part of the carb off and it looked pretty clean there might be something jammed in the fule line when i removed it from the tank i noticed there was still gas in the hose and the bike was on the on position and i know the prim works cause thats how i drained the gas jus let it pour from the prime

Comment

when you initially tried to start the bike did you switch to prime to fill your carbs?

did you store you bike with an empty tank?
                              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X