X

New to KR...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to KR...

Sup guys. im a newbie to KR as well as katz but yet I just picked up a 91 750 kitty a few days ago for $900. Was wanting to transfer from dirt to road so I went on the hunt and found this on Craigslist. So found this post for a 91 katana with 20k on the clock called the guy up asking why it was so cheap. "I bought the bike as a starter bike last season droped it once, stored it..and went to start it back up and nothing. I dont have the money or time to find out whats wrong so im getting rid of it" so I picked it up the same day.. cleaned the carbs.. started right up within a few cranks on mid choke. only problem is now it wont run unless its on choke. a touch of the throttle kills it and if its done fast enough when the throttle returns then it decided to rev and return. Probably gota get the tank cleaned new filter lines and re-clean the carbs.. i dunno unless the a/f is that screwed for some reason. Anyways I'm looking forward to talking with you guys about these as I really get into my toys. Also any direction on a good aftermarket source. These bikes are not heavily supported I see.. as with the rest of my toys .. story of my life. ohh heres my bike right off the trailer from pickin her up.

Yo, welcome to KR
    'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

welcome to kr

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

If OEM parts is what you're after, ronayers.com or powersportspro.com both have parts searchable by category on microfiche. I've found them to be an excellent resource when trying to find replacement stuff.

If you're after solely aftermarket stuff, then your options are a little more limited. The Kat's never caught on like the GSXR's, so the parts ranges are limited as a result. The good news is there are a ton of people on here that make stuff for the pre's and post's (pre is before 98, post is 98+), so you still have some options for customization.

Enjoy your new money pit!

Comment

Welcome to KR

(and the addiction)

THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, looking into jet kit, flush tail mounts. a diff taillight! and rear single seat cowl.

Comment

Check the plugs, they sound carboned up.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Welcome to KR
                  The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                  http://myspace.com/solsticio
                  www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Factory Pro jet kit, please, please, please do NOT get a DynoJet kit. Good luck finding a different tail light.

Comment

hello and welcome
                      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                        Check the plugs, they sound carboned up.
                        Thats what I thought as well. but as well as it ran on choke, I dont think they are a factor.. I mean they do need changed no doubt but im thinking if the plugs were fouled or shot that it would be sputtery. It ran beautiful on choke untill i took choke off or tried to thottle up at all. So I dont know im going to re do the whole fuel delivery and see where im left. Thanks again guys!

Comment

Welcome.
                          sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

What are the chances of that screen withing the petcock assembly being clogged? thinking of taking it apart and cleaning it but not sure if it would be prone to clogging. seemed like there was good flow when I drained the tank. But this running issue has me confused. like mentioned before with carbon buildup on the plugs. would it be possible that it would run on choke and not off.. Thinking the only way would be once it gets more fuel the plugs cease to fire becouse of the carbon.. make sense to anyone?

Comment

Working...
                            X