Clutch slipping?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch slipping?

Hi all,

On my ride home yesterday I noticed something strange. I was just about to go for a ride today and it was doing the same thing.

When I have the bike in neutral, pull the clutch in, and kick it down into first, the bike starts to shake and move forward. It feels like the clutch isn't holding it properly, if that makes sense. The clutch works fine for shifting from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, etc...as well as downshifting.

I can't even get the bike back into neutral when it is running. The gear selector almost feels stuck in 1st. I have to shut it off in order to get back into neutral.

The only work I have done on the bike is an oil change. Can anyone help me out here???

Adjust your clutch cable, if that doesn't help your oil might be toast. How long ago/how many miles ago did you change it? My 93 had the same problem and got worse when it heated up.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

+1 If your clutch was slipping it would do the opposite, engine would rev higher than the back wheel should be spinning.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

When and what oil did you use?

Comment

I tightened the clutch cable according to my Clymer manual and everything is in working order again...thanks

Comment

It WAS in working order.

The clutch cable broke today. Can you just buy a generic clutch cable? Or is there a certain brand that works better for 93 katanas? How long does it need to be?

Comment

Originally posted by 93katana750 View Post
              It WAS in working order.

The clutch cable broke today. Can you just buy a generic clutch cable? Or is there a certain brand that works better for 93 katanas? How long does it need to be?
              Part number: 24 on the microfiche, 508644-001
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
              X