X

Installing jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing jet kit

ok i know you guys told me not to go with a dyno jet kit but i got one hell of a deal on one from my buddy that never used it, i mean twenty bucks who would pass that up, but i was looking at the installation and i follow everything about changing the jets and needles but where i got a lil lost was when they say to drill the plug and put that screw in there and i am not quite sure where they are talking about anything that could help would be awsome thanks

I would have passed that up. Are you talking about removing the plugs for the A/F screws? On second thought, I would have taken it for $20 and sold it on eBay for like $75. I've done that before.
    Last edited by arsenic; 03-22-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

No , you drill the bottom of the slides and tap them to install the restrictor plug thingies . Both in for street , one in for hard street/track . I actually filled the holes in with JB and drilled them back to regular size because the PO didn't even have them in there .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Comment

Some of us work with what we got . Mine runs well enough at the moment that I don't feel like shelling out $120 on a jet kit I may or may not need , on a bike that may be changing soon anyway . "New" Blackbird or a B12 engine sure would be nice .....

Comment

Matt, I understand you work with what you got. I have no issue with your set up, you make it work well. This guy asked what jet kit he should get, this forum told him not to get DynoJet, yet he did anyway, cause it was a "great deal". Therefore you can't say "work with what you got" when this guy did not have this, now he does and he wants help.

Comment

yeah , but to play devil's advocate once more .....
              $20 SURE beats $120 when you ain't got much play-money . Similar to "working with what ya got " . Granted , if I had to do it over again knowing what I know now , I'da prolly gone with a Factorypro kit myself could I have afforded one . Tires or jet kit .....

Comment

man i feel not loved lol...... but hey ya could make a profit on it huh lol...... ok ok you guys conviced me factory pro we go ...... getting back my plastics tommorrow and taking to the shop for the goodies so you have pics soon

Comment

Nice one superman, put up lots & lots of pics as i'm waiting on my factory pro kit to be delivered and i need a laymans guide.

Comment

Why all the bad talk about dyno jet kits I have one bike runs great pls explain

Comment

in my opinion, backed up by factory testing, with Dyno and EGA tests. DynoJet's needle taper is incorrect. It's lean at one throttle position, and rich at another. You're bike doesn't "run great" BTW, you think it does, and that's enough to make you happy. So rock on with your bad self.
                      Last edited by arsenic; 03-23-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Sweet I think my bike runs great like I don't know how it's suposed to run. But thanks for the info

Comment

Does the Factory Pro come with installation instructions for noobs?

Comment

yes, yes it does.

Comment

How noobilicious.

I assume there would be different "settings" if someone had a stock exhaust and if someone had a full system?

Comment

Working...
                              X