• Winter projects almost done!

Shes almost finished! 1992 Katana 750

Winter uprades:
    -New Paint
    -New Avon Azzoro tires, front and rear.
    -New stage 1 Dynojet kit
    -New K&N pod filters
    -All new gaskets
    -New Vance and Hines SS2R 4 into one exhuast (Very loud I found out)
    -New custome decals, (Still getting printed)

Got the whole thing together last week to find out my headgasket was pouring oil. Today I got the head gasket finished and everything in order but couldnt get the idle to set correctly. Kept bouncing front 1-2.5k. I found out the filter I put on the end of the PCV line coming off the valve cover was messing up the idle. After taking that off it seems pretty good. My only issue now is when I set the idle to around 1.5k and hit the throttle it wants to hang around 3k. My throttle cable isnt in the greatest shape so I ordered a new cable, so hopefully that will fix it.

Im going to mock up so turn signals on the front and take it for a ride tomorrow with no fairings to make sure I dont have any more issues. Its been a long winter with lots of headaches but by next week I should be riding pretty, it shuld be worth it. Ill post some pictures when its all put back together.

Forgot which forum I was in Probaly not the right place to post....

Stuck this in the wrong forum, sorry....
    Last edited by HemiKat; 03-21-2009, 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Piccies!!!!!

Comment

Good luck post pics
      pveity = 100%

Comment

Dude , those pods are gonna give you hell . Been there , done that . Pods now sit in a parts box in the garage .
        I didn't care for the Avons . I liked them better than what was on the bike when I GOT it , but the Pirellis I got later were LOADS better . But if you ain't running TOO hard , you probably won't notice THAT much .
        Better put that filter back on the end of your breather . I actually did THIS a few years ago 'cause I wanted to see what , if anything came out ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Good luck on the upgrades.
          Originally posted by md86 View Post
          I actually did THIS a few years ago 'cause I wanted to see what , if anything came out ....

Comment

What ? THey actually MAKE catch-tanks for that purpose , but I didn't see the sense in shelling out for one when I could redneck my own . What you see is what USUALLY ends up in your airbox , which SHOULD be drained once in a while .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I did alot of upgrades this past weekend...jet kit, UNI air filter, gsxr cams, and advancer. My idle was sticking around 3k rpms too after a rev. I finally got it back to normal after a carb sync and lowered the needles(raised the needle clips). If cables don't fix, try that! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X