Clear All

• GSXfs600
    replied
    Originally posted by Edbean View Post
    well i had the .000001% happen to me, so apparently its much more frequent

Leave a comment:

• Layinlowstang
    replied
    ok thanx guys...and I think I will stear clear of the brake cleaner dont need any fires..lol

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
    In my experience the best way to check for vacuum leaks is a can of brake cleaner.... Run the motor and spray into different areas, if there is a leak you will know it, they normally bog down when the suck in the cleaner. Then which ever area made a difference inspect it closely for issues.

My bike does the same thing. Hangs around 3k actually, I sprayed it down with brake cleaner and it bogs when I hit the air boots between the carbs and head.... I dont know if they are warped or if there are seals, some one else may be able to clue us in.

They dry out, and form small surface cracks. The rubber o-rings tend to flatten out and not seal as well after a while also.

The best thing to do if your boots are leaking, is just replace them. $22 each aprox. from the stealerships, and come with new o-rings. Each one has a specific part number, so be aware of that.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• md86
    replied
    Careful though , brake cleaner is fairly flammable . I set my bike on fire once with it .

Leave a comment:

• HemiKat
    replied
    In my experience the best way to check for vacuum leaks is a can of brake cleaner.... Run the motor and spray into different areas, if there is a leak you will know it, they normally bog down when the suck in the cleaner. Then which ever area made a difference inspect it closely for issues.

My bike does the same thing. Hangs around 3k actually, I sprayed it down with brake cleaner and it bogs when I hit the air boots between the carbs and head.... I dont know if they are warped or if there are seals, some one else may be able to clue us in.

Leave a comment:

• md86
    replied
    Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    congrats Matt, you saw the .00001%

Leave a comment:

• IndyGunner
    replied
    well i had the .000001% happen to me, so apparently its much more frequent

Leave a comment:

• Layinlowstang
    replied
    Ive been looking around and cant seem to find anything on how to check for Vac Leaks..anyone help

Leave a comment:

• Kfreak
    replied
    Vac. leak. I just went thru it. Air box boot was crooked on my inner carbs.

Leave a comment:

• arsenic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• md86
    replied
    out of sync is a possibility. Dirty carbs have .00001 to do with an idle hang.
    I beg to differ , and have see nit firsthand .

Leave a comment:

• IndyGunner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• arsenic
    replied
    not on a 98+, it's tappet adjusters (screw type valves) it's very easy.
    motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Leave a comment:

• Layinlowstang
    replied
    Ya it is a post. The idle was a bit low before and I turned it up a bit. Although the idle seems wierd at about 3k if u hold it is sounds like its missing so I thought plugs my self there. I will have to check for vac leaks..what is the best way to do that??
    Last edited by Layinlowstang; 03-20-2009, 10:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• arsenic
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X