X

Pre-Spring prep and I need Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Spring prep and I need Help

Hi everyone, I have a 1993 Suzuki 750 Katana and as many know its spring time or close to it. I have a list of things that I want to do to my bike before it gets warm. Some of these things are a must and others are optional.

Here is what I must fix/replace:
    • Tires - Front and back
    • Chain
    • Sprockets
    • Clutch Plates – Stock or Sport. I have no preference.
    • Clutch Basket – This may not need changing.

Here is a list of things that I need to fix/replace but are not life threatening
    • Mirror Screws (2 only)
    • Chain Guard
    • Handel Bars
    • Rear Fender

There might be more, but the bike has 19,500 est. miles and I don't see a point of putting more money into it.

What I ask is for some good sites that sell these things for cheap and are new. What is good type of tires to get for my bike and which site is good. What chain and sprockets are good or even kits? Where can I find them cheap? I know of Mr. Cycles, Bike Banded, and can find some ads in motorcycle magazines. But I like to rely on people who used venders and have good things to say.

Thank you all for helping me.

Peruse the used parts for sale section on here. I'm sure some ppl will chime in with stuff they have that you need too. Arsenic is good for parts on here.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Do you have to replace the clutch basket because of grooving? Sometimes you can file the ridges down enough to let the plates slide without catching. Unless you can find one thats good for cheap.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Bringing this back.

The temperatures are going up slowly and I just got a new plastic card. I'm in need of new tires and looking for stock chain and sprocket kits. Does anyone know where I can get new but cheap chain and sprocket kits? Does anyone know of a good site for tires? My friend told me to go to eBay and I found Tire Express with free shipping. I'm not a big fan of eBay and don't want to pay $300 to $500 for tires. I need tire for everyday driving (to and from work and some highway).

Thank You All.

Comment

Talk to the member HS2020. He sales tires at his store - http://mopowersports.com

Front Tire:

Rear Tire:

Chain, sprockets, etc :

For maintenance products try " TheCyberPoet"
          Last edited by katanawarrior; 03-25-2009, 09:47 AM.
          Currently Riding:
          1995 Katana 600
          V&H Exhaust
          Jet Kit

SOLD
          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
          1987 XV700 Bobber
          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Working...
          X