X

600 mile service

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 mile service

I just bought an 05 600 Katana with extremly low miles. What is done at the 600 mile service? I have a shop manual ordered and downloaded the Haynes manual from this site. The haynes pretty much just says take it to the stealership for the initial 600 mile service unless I missed something.

Thanks,
    James

i cant remember if the valve tune is on the 600 or not.. should be a service manual here.. http://www.ruddar.com/Xodus.aspx?id=165&MainCatID=44

Comment

I would recommend a valve adjustment and oil change. It would be a good idea to adjust the TPS and do a carb sync.
      Chassis wise, do a complete look over and check the torque of every bolt / nut you can find. If you really want to get serious, do a little disassembly and check steering head bearing adjustment.

Comment

I'd look into doing....
        Oil change
        Valve Adj
        change brake fluid
        Fork oil and inspect seals
        Kyle

Comment

When I took my 04 in for the first service, they checked valve adjustment, changed oil and filter and retorqued the chassis. That was it.
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
            When I took my 04 in for the first service, they checked valve adjustment, changed oil and filter and retorqued the chassis. That was it.
            That's normally all that's needed with a new bike, but since his is 3+ years old there's more stuff IMHO that should be done.

BTW what's the reason for such low mileage, did the PO get scared off riding?
            Kyle

Comment

Bike was tucked in corner of garage with 7 miles on it. Original owner bought it without asking his wife and was consequently forbiden to ride it. I think if it were me the wife would have been tucked away in the corner of the garage un-ridden for a few years to see if the attitude changed.
              Thanks for the help,
              James

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdada1 View Post
                Bike was tucked in corner of garage with 7 miles on it. Original owner bought it without asking his wife and was consequently forbiden to ride it. I think if it were me the wife would have been tucked away in the corner of the garage un-ridden for a few years to see if the attitude changed.
                Thanks for the help,
                James

Lol, thats funny.
                'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

lol too funny
                  Kyle

Comment

Thanks for the help,
                    James
                    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help,
                      James

Yeah, she for sure needs to be tucked.
                      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

LOL, Ive brought home two bikes and two cars without the wives approval.... I can do without sex for a week or two, but I dont know if I can do the same about riding....
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                        X