X

Quick Rich/Lean question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Rich/Lean question

My bike does not rev with good response until it is warmed up (for instance, it will not rev past 4K when not warm)

From what recall, this is a little to rich ya?

what? not past 4k until warm? how long are we talking until it's warm? what does it do when you give it throttle? bog out like too much gas or die out from not enough?
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

only a couple of minutes....then it runs like a dream. It's kinda bogs at 4K, doesn't die....good idle.

This is after a good sync of course.

Comment

If the bike runs better warm than cold ....lean
        If it runs better cold than warm ......rich
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

do you mean cold as you also have the choke on or off ?

if the choke is off try reving it up to 4k ( cold ) while it's running sh$tty turn the choke on.

if you have the choke on, run it up to 4k (cold ) while it's running sh$tty turn the choke off.

what happens ?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            If the bike runs better warm than cold ....lean
            If it runs better cold than warm ......rich
            correct... the answer is "lean".

Mine won't rev past 9k or so until it is very warm. It runs too lean.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Isn't this just the cold blooded nature of the carburated Kat engine? My Seca was the same, hated to be cold, but once it's warm, it runs like a champ... I've always assumed it's the norm, why tune the bike for cold when it's only cold for a few mins..
              --
              Sagan

Comment

Working...
              X