X

Won't turn over, Suddenly! Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't turn over, Suddenly! Help!

I have a 92 kat 600. I rode it from my house 1 mile to the gas station after i had pulled some of the plastics off of it. I filled up the tank, paid and walkd out. I got on the bike to go for a ride and now the bike won't start. It's not that the starter is bad or it got flooded, but it won't even click. I tried everything, in gear, neutral, kick stand up, down. Checked the kill switch, etc. the head lights work and the guage cluster lights up and so do the indicator lights. Is there some phenomena that i don't know about? Please help!

you blew a main fuse. Or the starter relay is bad, but I doubt that.

Comment

CLutch safety switch?
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

No clicking? Do the lights flicker slightly when you try to start the bike? If not my guess is a bad clutch switch or a bad kickstand switch cutting you off from starting. Will it start in neutral? If it won't then we can rule out kickstand switch. Double check your fuses while you have access to them maybe just for safety.

Comment

Lights don't flicker and no click, so i figured it was a saftey switch of some kind. I'll check the clutch safety switch and the fuses first thing in the morning. Let you know more then. Thanks, this gives me some direction.

Comment

Make sure the sidestand kill switch isn't stuck while your at it.
            Kyle

Comment

Or the killswicth at the bars . You only do THAT one once .....
              Pushstart ? THen I'd jumper the solenoid to see if it'll still turn over . THen I'd start tracing with a multimeter . Like see if the solenoid is actually getting voltage .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had the same issue yesterday but mine kept cutting in and out as I rode it causing it to backfire ,after some investigation I found the problem to be with the side stand kill switch plugs ! They were loose and killing the engine

Comment

Working...
                X