X

1989 kat750f Ran out of Gas..Now it doesn't want to start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get 35mpg stock.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I guess is time to change the spark plugs...

Comment

Ok , you did NOT get 90mpg . Never . NEVER!!!!!!!!!! Ok , MYABE if you coatsed down the backside of the Cherohola Skyway , MAYBE .....
        Anyway . Yeah , um , may be bad gas . May be fouled a plug (might explain the 26 miles to the TANK ) . In any event , that's just ODD .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

here we go with the SEAFOAM lovers ...change the gas filtier , maybe the plugs too , fill her up with good gas and add some gas cleaner ... cant hurt

Comment

90 per tank....not per gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky7 View Post
              90 per tank....not per gallon.
              90 miles per tank?...

Wow... I'm ussually right at 210 - 230 before I have to kick in reserve. I usually refuel before then at 190-200 miles.

I was concerned when I had my stage 3 installed it cut that down to around 130 miles refuel... I started to actually have to plan out rides with it to include key refuel points.

But 90?... Something is definately not right there. Your talking around 21 ish miles per gallon... thats worse than alot of cars!

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm thinking you have a gas leak somewhere. We had a problem with Krey's that ne had a small hole in the take underneath the fabric pad. It took a while before we figured it out because is soaked the pad and dripped slowly down an inconspicous place. If you have a slow hidden leak it would lessen your gas mileage, in the right spot it might cause problems getting fuel to the carbs maybe.
                Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I know....It should give me easy 180 per tank may be even less..but 90 is ridiculous..Oh well I'm bleeding my carbs today and fill them up with new gas..wish me luck..by the way after I empty the bowls do I have to sync the carbs? thank you...I'm also changing spark plugs since I'm already there...may be I get a bit better milage.

Comment

Is alive again!!!!!!

so happy...my 750 is working like a charm again..all I had to do was empty the bowels on the carbs, empty gas in tank, replace it with 91 and presto!!!!is working again..this insident gave me the opportunity to take the tank out...I notice that changing the spark plugs is easy so I'm going to do that tomorrow...thanks everybody for all the support, help,hints and pictures that you guys send me to help me get the mean puppy running again...I'll keep you guys posted on how I did with those sparkplugs...wish me luck....once again thanks everybody...

Comment

awesome glad its up and going
                      still screwing with junk

Comment

Glad it was an easy fix.
                        sigpic
                        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Yeah . But you DID say 90mpg earlier . I remember , because I looked at it a few times and said WTF .
                          to be quite honest I used to have it right above the 1000's and worked fine..although recently I felt that it was giving me very little milage on a full tank..see that's how my problem started..my bike used to give me about 80 or 90 mpg..is bad I think..because my 1100 before this one used to give me easy 110...now this past weekend this bike only gave me 67 miles for the tank not top fulled. I really think I also needs spark plugs in this puppy...if you don't mind me asking how many miles does your bike give you? per tank...
                          Last edited by md86; 03-13-2009, 02:59 AM.
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well...I'm changing the spark plugs and hopefully that will increase my gas milage..if not...well I'm open for any suggestions...I'm thinking about the leak theory..or may be my carbs are just not carburating right...In any case I'll keep you guys posted about the plugs and my milage...best regards to everyone..by the way can someone tell me how to ad the pic of my bike to my profile..thanks.

Comment

.or may be my carbs are just not carburating right....
                              yah yah yah, My bad, but i find that highly amusing.

I get about 100 - 120 miles to the tank before hitting reserve on my '90 750. 5 gallon tank, 3 usable gallons with the petcock set to ON.
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Well, if your floats are allowing gas to overflow... I'd say you might be right.

Krey
                                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                                X