Please Help (carbs)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help (carbs)

I just joined today, have had my bike since may of 06 it's a 2006 gsxf 600
    last summer it started to run very poorly after sitting for a few months. so fast forward to last night...
    I took the carbs off and apart completely to clean them, and after I took them apart I noticed that the main jets have two different sizes 125 and 115, the problem is, I didn't pay attention to which ones go where. Can anyone help me? I read over the carb cleaning how-to but didn't notice anything there.

Also do I need to order new O-rings for the jets as well before putting them back together? and where is a good place to buy the O-rings, spark plugs, and a new battery?

Thanks

Need help (Carbs)

I just joined today, have had my bike since may of 06 it's a 2006 gsxf 600
    last summer it started to run very poorly after sitting for a few months. It would only run on choke and would die when stopping.

so fast forward to last night...
    I took the carbs off and apart completely to clean them, and after I took them apart I noticed that the main jets have two different sizes 125 and 115, the problem is, I didn't pay attention to which ones go where. Can anyone help me? I read over the carb cleaning how-to but didn't notice anything there.

also should I be looking for anything at all while im in there?

Also do I need to order new O-rings for the jets as well before putting them back together? and where is a good place to buy the O-rings, spark plugs, and a new battery?

also are there any upgrades I should be doing now?

Please help, I am a complete noob when it comes to motorcycles

Comment

the bigger two go in the two outside carbs, the smaller two go in the inside carbs. That isn't what they are BTW, they are 115 those go outside and 112.5 those go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        the bigger two go in the two outside carbs, the smaller two go in the inside carbs. That isn't what they are BTW, they are 115 those go outside and 112.5 those go inside.
        Yeah those little numbers are hard to read

Awesome thank you so much!

Comment

battery usually cheapest at Walmart, also auto supply stores can order

plugs you can order at any auto supply , take plug number with you

O rings you are probably stuck with the dealer unless you can find some one that has kits on here
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

BTW don't post the same question in multiple forums, one is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              BTW don't post the same question in multiple forums, one is enough.

Yeah sorry about that, I could find the best forum to post in, and then ran across this one.

Comment

yeah, I spend a lot of time here at KR, in this forum mainly. I may call you an idiot a time or two, but I will answer your questions.

Comment

what year is your bike?

Comment

pick a year, it's on there.
                    Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Comment

115's go on the inside cylinders (the ones closer to the center)...

Why?

Because as the engine heats up, the fuel in the center carbs gets hotter and vaporizes more easily, while the outside carbs draft a bit more air to help keep them cool.

O-rings -- only if the old ones were bad.
                      O-rings & spark plugs -- I carry them, on your doorstep in two days typically. See http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596 for details, then shoot me a PM.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

One post in the correct forum will likely net you an answer. Sometimes even in the wrong forum.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                        X