Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

2000 katana fork tubes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2000 katana fork tubes

    Hi, i've got a 2000 suzuki katana 600 and i need new fork tubes (yeah i wrecked ) what i'd like to know is what year model fork tubes will interchange, i know the 98 and up will, but what about older kats and 750s thanks for any help

  • #2
    Re: 2000 katana fork tubes

    Originally posted by outrundeath
    Hi, i've got a 2000 suzuki katana 600 and i need new fork tubes (yeah i wrecked ) what i'd like to know is what year model fork tubes will interchange, i know the 98 and up will, but what about older kats and 750s thanks for any help
    98 - 03 Kat 600 & 750 front ends will work; for inner fork tubes alone, 98 - 05 (the outers & triple tree spacing changed somewhat in the '03 model year).

    Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

    Comment


    • #3
      Similar Issues

      I have a somewhat similar problem and need some quick advice if anyone has a second.

      I wrecked my '06 Katana 600 and will need to replace the front forks. Will I need to find forks from an '03 or more recent. Or will any of the '98+ that have the similar body also work.

      My '06 only has 3k miles on it and I found a parts bike that is a '99 and am trying to decide if i can combine them into a functional bike.

      Comment


      • #4
        Forks and wheel are different 03+, so you will need to stick with those years for that.

        Some Other parts are interchangable.

        Krey
        93 750 Kat



        Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

        "I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the quick response

          Where can I find a good resource that will tell me the major changes made in the 03+?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dayvidgallagher View Post
            Thanks for the quick response

            Where can I find a good resource that will tell me the major changes made in the 03+?

            http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Akatrider...angeable+parts

            Your on it... just need to search the info, for a variety of different options....

            Krey
            93 750 Kat



            Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

            "I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Cool thanks, after doing some more reading it sounds like I may be ok. The parts bike I found has the entire front end, triple trees etc. So I may just need to replace the entire assembly.

              Correct?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dayvidgallagher View Post
                Cool thanks, after doing some more reading it sounds like I may be ok. The parts bike I found has the entire front end, triple trees etc. So I may just need to replace the entire assembly.

                Correct?
                You can bolt up the entire front end from that one to your bike... forks, triple, wheel.

                So you can use it to replace it, you just can't use it to repair your old front end....

                Krey
                93 750 Kat



                Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

                "I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm trying to replace front fork seals on a 04 Suzuki katana 750

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2319628 Much better info on your issue.
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-18-2015, 09:05 PM.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X