X

Cutting the frame on a 93 kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting the frame on a 93 kat 600

Here is my question. I want to cut off the brackets for the left and right passenger foot pegs for a cleaner look. I was going to cut the left side where the two ends of the v touch the frame. On the right I was just going to take off half the v because the other half holds the exhaust mount. Is there any danger of hurting the frame when dong this? Any advise would be appreciated. thanks

I don't see any harm and have been wanting to do that exact thing for a long time. Every time I bring it up along with converting to a solid tail though I get a big ole frown from the biannual passenger (read:wife). So until she decides she wants to ride or I get a second bike for passenger rides I just get to dream.

With most of that bracket out of the way my vision would see a custom midpipe and highmount exhaust

Go for it....and post pics!
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Looks like there must be something in the air.....................

I just cut off a bad one on a 91 600...............and to obtain a good one to use in its place I was planning on cutting BOTH of them off a 1994 600 I'm building which will have an 1127 GSXR engine in it and will have a solo cowl. My son would be the only potential rider...............and we'll cross that bridge later............if & when...................

I'm planning on using a fabricated bracket to hold the pipe and just paint it black.
      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?

Comment

Cut a 93 600? Blasphemy!

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
          Cut a 93 600? Blasphemy!

I have 12" metal cutting blades for my Sawz-all...............I'll cut on any Kat and have cut on several! I'm not partial to ANY years.................

Damn! It's a good thing I don't have a cutting torch around here.........and welder! HEH! NOW I know what to ask Santa for!!!
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?

Comment

You guys should be ashamed...cutting up Katanas

I could never...

Comment

Thanks for your input, I would love it if my wife would ride but that just is not going to happen. upside is my solo cowl can me perminant. I am going to cut em off this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
                Damn! It's a good thing I don't have a cutting torch around here.........and welder! HEH! NOW I know what to ask Santa for!!!
                Harbor Freight has plasma cutters on sale for $450 right now... I know; I was considering grabbing one...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X