X

sync problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sync problem

well I tried to go ahead and sync my carbs myself, the problem is I can't get it to idle at the correct rpm to sync, it's either too low or too high, it won't stay at 1800-2000rpm, I was wondering if they were just so bad out of sync i can't get it to idle right, but how can I sync them if it won't idle where i need it to be(because they're out of sync), hmmm.Also if i rev it up to 6000 grand it pops on both sides, wondering if that meant a lean condition.

Re: sync problem

If you can't hit the 1800-2000 RPM range, what can you get it to stabilize at? If the answer is something like 2400 RPM, that's OK (although not ideal, it will work). I wouldn't recommend trying it at above 3.5k or so...

Yes, exhaust pops are normally caused by too lean a condition at that RPM range.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

to counter the lean condition at that rpm range I'm assuming you'd have to change the float height correct

Comment

Originally posted by ray90813
        to counter the lean condition at that rpm range I'm assuming you'd have to change the float height correct
        I'd normally increase the jet size or change the needle height, but I'll be honest here -- carbs aren't my specialty. I've never changed float height for tuning purposes.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Does anybody else might know how to counter the lean condition at that rpm range, I assume it would be float height cause that doesn't that control how much fuel is in the bowl, at all points of throttle and idle.

Comment

check out that web site. Also, a little info. You putting in a jet kit? The ways to counter lean mixture are to change float height for 2-4k rpm. If I rember right it means to lower the floats. But try changing the pilot screw setting 1st. you will have to drill out the cap on top if it is a USA bike. My bike came with 4 aftermarket main jets 112.5 for a 750, it worked nicely with stock neeedle. Some bikes have a 3 of carbs with 105 mains and 1 with a 110. This is do to the EPA. You can buy main jets for 10 bucks for 4, but you need to take in the whole carb to the dealer as their are two types of main jets.

The jet kit part will show pictures of where to drill on the web site below.
            Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Working...
            X