X

GAS SMELL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAS SMELL

OK HERES WHAT I HAVE DONE 98 750 KAT YOSI SLIP ON STAGE 1 JET KIT KN AIR FILTER !!!!! I PULLED OUT 117.5 MAIN JETS PUT IN 118.0 MAIN JETS NEEDLES SET AT THE #3 GROOVE MIXTURE SCREWS OUT AT 3.5 TURNS !!!!! RUNS GREAT AT 5000 RPMS AND UP A LITTLE FLAT ON TAKE OFF NOT MUCH BUT WHEN I COME TO A STOP I GET A STRONG GAS SMELL MAYBE OUT THE EXHAUST I CHECKED AND CHECKED NO LEAKS DYNO-JET KIT !!! DO I HAVE THE MIX SCREWS OUT TO FAR PLEASE HELP IF ANYBODY CAN THANKS

First off............as others will surely tell you: TURN OFF YOUR CAPS BUTTON! (It represents shouting, which is NOT necessary!)

Now then...............

Go by your jet kit instructions................usually 2.5 turns out works fineso, YES, you do have the mix screws out too far IMHO.

Also, check your drain tube from your air box and pull the plug - What comes out? Gas or goo?

What did you have your floats set at? Its VERY important to set them at the required heights............all the same.

Did you resynch your carbs after you installed the jet kit? Also VERY important......................

Also, an FYI: Your main jets don't work below 4,000 RPM, so that might help figuring out the prob...................

Also.........just curious, but why change the jets at all if you're only going up 0.5 on the size? You can't even feel or tell that small a difference! And... with your set up I'd go 120's at least, maybe 122's or 124's even!

8)
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
    X