X

Did Something Dumb to my Carb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Something Dumb to my Carb

As I was re-assembling the #4 carb (put new o-rings under the plastic needle jet holders) I got a little too gung-ho with tightening the main jet down. I heard a little plastic 'pop' and saw that I'd pulled the needle jet (emulsion tube) through the plastic holding body. No part #'s for this piece can be found anywhere.

It's a long shot, but anyone happen to have one available out of a carb(s) they're not using and can spare....please?

Probably would help to add what year / engine combo you have, and also a pic of the broken part.

Comment

Ah, good point there.

Mine's '90 600. I'll see if I can somehow get a pic of the part in question up here. Those who've used the "carbs 101" thread would have seen it there.

Comment

No, there isn't a part number for them, Suzuki never sold those parts separately.

I had some, but sold them all to people who had the same problem.

Your best bet now is to find a used set of carbs to harvest the parts out of. 600 and 750 should be the same fitment.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          No, there isn't a part number for them, Suzuki never sold those parts separately.

I had some, but sold them all to people who had the same problem.

Your best bet now is to find a used set of carbs to harvest the parts out of. 600 and 750 should be the same fitment.
          Are all the "pre" carbs the same in this respect?

Comment

do you want GOOD carbs, or just ones you can break again?

Comment

I'm just looking for the part. I promise I'll be more careful next time.

Comment

I don't have the part, I just have one awesome set of 90-97 600 carbs.

Comment

Working...
                X