X

need help with bike dieing ALOT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with bike dieing ALOT

alright ive decided to see what you guys think before i begin working on it again.

THe prblem that i am experianceing is that if i snap the throttle the bike will go down to like 500k and die.
    When starting out i have to have it at 4k and let out slowly on the clutch to get it going or it will die.
    Also if i stop really fast while downshiffting it will die.
    Now the good, it pulls ike crazy through all the gears, but i do have a little bit of poping on the engine breaking.

So what im thinking is that im running a little lean on the low end and thats what causing it, just want to see what you all think

BIKE SETUP
    813cc Wisco overbore kit
    KN pods
    Yoshimira full exhaust
    5 degree advance
    14/47 gearing
    DynoJet stage 3 Jet Kit
    The Katana's Big Brother
    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

I read your ride profile and saw the over-bore kit, the K&N pods, but no where did I see a jet-kit or what stage it was. If you are still running the stock carbs, yes, you are probably running quite lean, and the symptoms you describe are attributable to poorly matched carb settings compared to the rest of the set-up.
    If there's a stage 3 jetkit in it (which would be what is appropriate for the other mods), I would recommend that you get the bike onto an exhaust analyzer and find out exactly what it is doing in terms of fuel-air mixtures, and let them fine-tune it.
    If there's not a jetkit in it, order one, then install it and get it out to a dynojet center for fine tuning.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

yea i acully do have the dynojet jet kit installed in it just never updated the information, Thaz is going to help me get the synced and see if that helps any
      The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

how long was it sitting before you bought the bike? The gas might have gummed up the carbs.......
        Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

ive had the bike for 2 years and runs year around i also rebuilt the engine.
          Im thinking that it is the carbs just needing sync'd what do you guys think
          The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

Originally posted by katana91
            ive had the bike for 2 years and runs year around i also rebuilt the engine.
            Im thinking that it is the carbs just needing sync'd what do you guys think
            Probably needs to have the carbs tuned on an exhaust analyzer, and the carbs sync'd as well.

Good Luck!
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sync em and see where that gets ya.
              Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Working...
              X