No announcement yet.
X

750 Kat cases/ GSXR top end--Possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, read my post dude, the 1990 is the long stroke with screw type valves. It's NOT a mismatch, that's how it's supposed to be.

Comment

749's are all long-stroke, 748's are short stroke. In theory you could use the long stroke top end on a short stroke.....

You would have to bush the rods to accept the smaller wrist pins
      Machine the block for the shorter stroke
      Use the original kat cam sprockets on the gsxr cams
      Might need to do something with the oil return lines, since they are designed for a set height
      Possibly use shorter studs, or maybe just spacers on top of the head

And then you would end up with a 690cc engine....

I think it would be more productive and less expensive to just get yourself another kat 750 head.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

So there are long stroke motors with both shim and screw type adjusters? If so that is what has me tripped up because that is what I have.

Comment

sure are. The 98+ 750 is a long stroke, it has screw adjusters, the 600 tuna also

Comment

Sorry, should have specified early gsxr not kat

Comment

you did, I just used the tuna as an example. YES, THE 1990 GSXR 750 IS A LONG STROKE ENGINE

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                no, read my post dude, the 1990 is the long stroke with screw type valves. It's NOT a mismatch, that's how it's supposed to be.
                Ok, got that. What year is a long stroke gsxr w/shim type head?

Also, the serial number prefix on all early gsxr's is "R716"?

Comment

91-92

Comment

thanks for the info.....

One more question....since the 90 and 91/92 grxr motors are both long stroke, can I use the 90 cylinders/pistons on the 91/92?

Comment

yes

Comment

Thanks again for your help.I don't know why it took me so long to figure out what you were saying.A lot of people would have given up. Thanks again

Comment

glad I could help

Comment

Working...
                          X