No announcement yet.
X

Steering Stem/wheel bearing/ fork seals questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't know if you remember from before but it gets much worse the hotter/longer the bike is run. i would 'think' this would point to a bearing as opposed to a wheel... or is this not a good assumption?

those are some good tips, i will definately try them, don't have either type of stand but i am sure i can rig something up.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerc
      i don't know if you remember from before but it gets much worse the hotter/longer the bike is run. i would 'think' this would point to a bearing as opposed to a wheel... or is this not a good assumption?
      Well, it's a good assumption that it's a part that changes with heat or use. That could include the tire, though, especially if you have an over-sized tire shoe-horned into a smaller rim, where the heat-growth is causing it to distort unevenly as it comes all the way up to temp (and even possibly rub against the inside of the swing arm). It could also be something smaller, like a slightly rubbing pad on the brakes not retracting all the way, causing a pre-existing rotor warpage to grow as it comes by more often (expansion under heat).

Q: have you had a close look at your rear axle?

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i agree with cyber check the rear wheel . pull it out and set it between two bricks or equal 2by 4s and spin it check the bearings and that way you can check the swing arm for play .

Comment

Working...
        X