X

carb question 92 gsx600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb question 92 gsx600f

ok i got this bike. 92 katana gsx600f model j it came in pieces no big deal missing some things here and the still no problem i cleaned the carbs and noticed there are 4 fuel lines and i have a send and return for the gas tank only 2 lines. Now the lines that come from the carbs are as follows on the 2 left carbs there is a T fitting on the bottom of the carb between the two of them, that is where one line is also there is another T fitting on the top of the carb comnnecting between the two which makes the second line and the same for the two right carbs which make four lines now im pretty sure that the top lines are the return and the bottom are the send (pretty sure correct me if im wrong please) basically my question is am i missing some t fittings to connect them together to make 2 lines or what. and also just so i kknow where does the send and return lines connect to the gas tank? (front /back hookups on the petcock)(sitting on the bike) thank you in advance.
    92 katana gsx600f

no you are wrong i believe...im no expert arsenic would know lol. The bottom to T's are you fuel delivery the fill your bowls with gasoline. The top to T's are vent hoses they connect to nothing...just rout out to fresh air with these...anyone wish to correct me?

oh yeah...your petcock is on the left side of the tank...as sitting on the bike the left fuel line (the lower left "T" Between 1 and 2) connects towards the back of the bike the fuel line on the right (between 3 and 4) connects on the front of the petcock.

Comment

wow thank you very much i was reading some other threads and noticed about the vacume lines and started to think lol now someone said something anout a vacume line on the side of card 4 that goes to the petcock not 100% if tha was for my bike lol sorry new with streetbikes old with cars and dirtbikes lol
      92 katana gsx600f

Comment

yes that is correct...haha its ok i have jus been into bikes for a year so im still learning a lot from katriders and exp. I am currently having carb tuneing issues so im hopeing everybody checks this info and tells me if im wrong on anything i tell you...im 95% sure im right though on these routings. I have 96 600.

Ok now for your ? about the vacuum line... right hand side (faceing outward very easy to see if you have the fairings off.) towards the front of carb 4 should have a line running from the the the back side of your petcock. your petcock when looked at from abot makes a sideways T (as sitting on the bike) The front connected to carb 3 and 4. the middle one that faces the right side of the bike should be the vacuum the fuel line from carbs 1 and 2 should connect to the petcock faceing the rear of the bike.
        hope that helps

Comment

ok i was just about to ask about that 3rd fitting on the petcock. thank you very much. everything seems to fall into place now lol its getting dark here so its hard to see lol. i dont see an off postion for the petcock it only has on, reserve and prime, basically that means there is no off(thats gay) lol. o i have another question this is about the clutch. i hooked it up and everything is tightened up just so there is no slack in the cable, it is hard as he11 to pull any ideas?
          92 katana gsx600f

Comment

my katana clutch is really stiff compared to other bikes and i have a new cable...Anyone else have an opinion? that is correct on those three positions but the petcock works with the vacuum line..if the bikes not on i believ foward is normal down is off and back is prime...once the vacuum pushes the the petock diaphram open forwards normal down is reserve and back is prime??? would that makes sense to you? I tried to fix my old petcock and gave up and bought a new oem one. Didnt have any writing or directions so i have been trying to figure out if it is truly oem.

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

make sure when looking at that picture you look at the actual photograph ...that drawing is kinda confuseing...isnt the fuel hoses switched on the drawing steve?

Comment

The fuel hoses aren't switched, the petcock is rotated. If you visualize the petcock control facing left (as it would if oriented with the carbs), then the fuel hoses are correct.

Comment

oh yeah i c haha sorry late night

Comment

Working...
                    X