X

No Power Down Low

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power Down Low

Sure this has been covered but was just hoping for a quick answer.

Low revs it seems to be sluggish and hesitates for a bit before getting to high revs. I'm assuming a good carb cleaning and it would fly through the lower revs?

Vacuum leak?

Incorrect float levels?

Fuel starvation at begining throttle postion?

Cleaning would be a place to start. After that is the joy of diagnostics.
    Last edited by squiggy; 01-10-2009, 04:45 PM.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Oh I forgot to add, it seems after I run it for a while or sit there revving it that it clears out and starts to get a bit better after a while. But the throttle response never seems to work exactly as it should.

Comment

There is no quick answer. More info is needed. Has the bike been in storage? What was done to the carb's? Stock air filter?

Comment

I just picked the bike up last May. Didn't really drive it through the summer because of the bit of work that needed to be done. 20 some thousand KM's on it. It's an 89 750 Katana. I think the previous owner had it stored for a few years. No idea on carbs and air filter.

Comment

Ok ........
            Not many miles and sitting for a while points to some carb love in your future . Also , I like pulling sparkplugs and having a look . If any of them looks different than the rest , that warrants investigation , as does black plugs .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X