X

Click click click noise HELP !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click click click noise HELP !

I have a 2003 Kat 750 in great condition. Just had the valves adjusted last month. I'm starting to notice a a strange ticking sound during the first 5 - 10 minutes of operation.
    I always let my bike warm up for a few muinutes before riding. I hear the sound while in gear, in neutral and while riding (kinda hard to hear while riding, but it is audible while coasting at low speed). After about 5-10 minutes of easy riding, the sound disapears.
    This is my first Kat and I would like to know what you all think of this sound. Is it normal ? Is it the valves ?

Probably the valves.

Does it sound like a FLUTTERING tick? I have same noise. Mine does it whenever im below 4K rpm, either coasting , cruising or idling. Its not a constant noise but it comes on for a second or 2 then leaves for about 4seconds then comes back. Very annoying.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Thanks for the info BadKitty. Is this something that needs to be taken care of, or is it just an annoyance?

Comment

every bike has its own noises. If you have already had the valves aligned, then dont worry about it. If you want take it to another dealer and ask them to LISTEN to it.
        " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Its funny you mentioned this cause I have the exact same thing, it also started after my 1000km check up. I notice that mine does it more when the engine is cold, it's like they forgot to adjust a valve or something. I went back to where I bought it and they listened to it, the service manager told me that it's my cam chain and that there's probably a little play in it, he said he would adjust it when I come in for my 6000 check up. Personally I think he's full of shiate and I think they did'nt adjust one valve properly last time but he swears to me it's ok to drive like this. What pisses me off is the bike is brand new . Does anybody think the cam chain has some enough slack (5000 kms) to make it clack like a valve or is the stealership lying to me because they did'nt adjust one or two valves properly the first time?
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I had a cam chain issue w/ my old yamaha, made the exact clicking noise you all are referring too.. and had to much play in it.

Comment

My clacking noise can hardly be heard when the motor is really warmed up?
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                Its funny you mentioned this cause I have the exact same thing, it also started after my 1000km check up. I notice that mine does it more when the engine is cold, it's like they forgot to adjust a valve or something. I went back to where I bought it and they listened to it, the service manager told me that it's my cam chain and that there's probably a little play in it, he said he would adjust it when I come in for my 6000 check up. Personally I think he's full of shiate and I think they did'nt adjust one valve properly last time but he swears to me it's ok to drive like this. What pisses me off is the bike is brand new . Does anybody think the cam chain has some enough slack (5000 kms) to make it clack like a valve or is the stealership lying to me because they did'nt adjust one or two valves properly the first time?
                what a load of crap - i'd have them fix it. that's what they got paid to do.
                i personally have doubts of how many times they actually adjust the valves - thats why i do my own work.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc

what a load of crap - i'd have them fix it. that's what they got paid to do.
                  i personally have doubts of how many times they actually adjust the valves - thats why i do my own work.

tim
                  I agree with tim if you payed for it they need to re do it because there is to much play if your hearing any noise
                  Good luck
                  it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                  Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Working...
                  X