X

1993 Kat - Starter Bolt Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Kat - Starter Bolt Problem

Hi, I own a 1993 Katana and the past two mornings, I've gone out to get on my bike and ride to work only to find that the starter just sits there and spins. There is a bolt holding a one-way clutch (I'm guessing that's what it is) inside the left side of the crankcase (when you're sitting on the bike, it's on the left). I have tightened this bolt two times, having to take all the fairings off, drain the oil, etc. Last night I even put Loc-Tite on the threads, let it sit, and *then* put oil back in the engine. I tightened the crap out of it and it just won't stay. What can I do?

I had a problem a few summers ago where my starter bolt came out. they replaced it with a new one, and I have not had a problem since. Does it look like any of the threads are stripped or anything?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Nothing looks worn at all... Dad and I even took an impact wrench to it tonight, put all the oil back in it, and tried to start it. The bolt was loose immediately. We didn't even get the bike started once.

Dad had an idea that we will just pull all the spark plug wires off the spark plugs so we can let the starter turn while the crankcase cover is off and maybe we can see how it's coming loose and then tighten it on-the-spot.

Who knows!?! Crazy stuff!

Comment

Working...
      X