X

coil question (already did a search)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil question (already did a search)

ok, so i did asearch and it relaly didnt help me at all, i need to know what i can use for coils and what i cant, i found a good deal on ebay and they are race coils but i need to tknow if htey will work they were in a gs 750 suzuki b4 and used for about 30 hours so they still have good life in them, they are 3 home coils so please let me know if they will work...here is the auction please no one on here snipe me i relaly want them http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I dunno . It says it for a points-type ignition (which any bike after the '70's doesn't have ! ) , but 771Doug , who has some Accel coils , says the 3 ohm are what you need . I tried to find more info about it myself recently , but couldn't find a ton . K sells them , and I've seen them online at a few places for anywhere between $110-$160 new .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

he used those witgh a dyna S system.

I really don't think those are an ideal match for your ignition system. If I were you, I would be a bit patient and wait for a set of dyna to come up for bid. this way if you move up to the next step and get a dyna ignition system, you will have the coils to go with them.
      I got these for $45, and they push 35k volts. accel, from my research, has only 28-30k.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

oooh ok

Comment

are you couls bad? There is a set of RF900 coils on ebay, which look like they would work.
          Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Duff look at these, this is aftermarkey Dyna off a used GS 1000
            Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

thanks bro, im just gonna not do the coil thing, i got some new jets while in was in las vegas and now im going to put them in, and it should tiddy up the bogging issue..

Comment

Working...
              X