X

mixture screws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixture screws

bike is hesitationg at 7-9000k approx and if i take out mixture screws blow some air in the holes and put it back together it works like a dream..then after half hour of riding it goes back to ther same thing(missing/hessitation) i believe the carbs are clean as i cleaned them today,,,and i have a fuel filter.???????? any help is great.

question---can anyone tell me,,when putting needle back in the diaphram. do both washers go on top of clip? or small circle washer under?
    sigpicMike
    1990 gsx-f 600

Dunno what's up with your mix , but there's a plastic-looking donut that goes UNDER the clip , as well as a little washer . Then there's the big saucer-looking thing that goes on top . Go look at the fiche at ronayers.com , you'll probably see what I'm talking about ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

fuel mixure screws have very little too do with how it runs in that rpm range - it's more of an idle & just off idle setting.

7-9k rpms your needle position & main jet are suppling the majority of the fuel.

tim

Comment

thanks ,, i checked the ron ayers site and relized i had the spacer on the needle backwards,,, so i set the e clip in the middle and washer spacer under it and am waiting till morning so i can test it ,,,set screws to 2 and a quarter .. im hoping she will work for me...

the guy that owned it before me had givin the bike to me in parts
        sigpicMike
        1990 gsx-f 600

Comment

also quick question......

do you guys adjust the mix screw settings with the air box off?
          i
          sigpicMike
          1990 gsx-f 600

Comment

Originally posted by katana mike
            also quick question......

do you guys adjust the mix screw settings with the air box off?
            i
            in theory it shouldn't matter. the air intake at idle is through the air jet.

tim

Comment

thanks again for input...........

now the bike runs normal at 1/4 throttle and souds like a four wheeler above that and surges a bit at top end or more throttle//i cant tell if ti is too lean or what...im putting plugs in now.. i ran the bike with no air box for one test run and after that its been sounding like a four wheeler or like its running on 3 cylinders,,but its running on 4...

any help is great thanks
              sigpicMike
              1990 gsx-f 600

Comment

runs bad at7k

update:
                cleaned carbs ,adjusted needles at 8am this morning.. bike works great from 4k on ...drove around most of the day with a buddy winding her out.. worked awesome ..let it sit for a few hours ..drove a bit still worked awesome..let it sit for 2 hours at the end of night and now at 2 am driving her home she started doing its sputtering and missing just at 7-8k rpm

i have qa fuel filter on there,, and i dont know what to think...

every time i clean carbs it works good for a day ... than back to square one...any help is appreciated..thanks

also i had reg fuel running and during the night i put in supreme...could this have an effect?
                sigpicMike
                1990 gsx-f 600

Comment

Working...
                X