Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Just reassembled, now rough idle and stalling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ment to say pilot jets, but typed main jet for some reason LOL Anyhow, the pilots the one that gives the idle on up to several grand. At about 6k its almost all main jet.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Make sure you've got vacuum to the petcock

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
      I know there's probably some dumb explanation for this but I can't find it. Bike was down for a week for paint, just put her back together and started on "PRI". Let her run for a few mins then went for a ride. Down the street I reached down and turned from PRI to ON, and that's when the bike started to bog. I stopped and she just died. Couldn't restart unless in PRI.

How long should I run it in PRIME after putting the tank back on? Smells like it's running quite rich sitting in the garage. Sorry for the stupid question, I did try and find an answer before posting.
      Pri will not flood the bike, unless your needle/seats are bad.
      Last edited by GSXfs600; 12-12-2008, 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the throttle cable. It was kinked up where it goes into the butterfly.

Comment

was there enough fuel for it to be able to get some on the on position, might have needed to go onto reserve, make sure all the choke plungers retract in fully too, you wont have to change your plugs, just wire brush them, the ones i have in have been black as hell and cleaned up and worked perfect once i'd got the jetting right
          the future's dark, the future's matt black

Comment

Well thanks guys it did turn out to be a pinched vac line. Thankfully, an easy fix.

At least now I know everything I should check if my bike ever starts acting up.
            Originally posted by katanawarrior
            I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Might have fowled the plugs too.

Comment

Well, Glad to hear it was just a pinched Vac line. CV carbs can be a bit finicky at times and its problems rise from a few different avenues. Glad you got it fixed. Now go put a few thousand miles on by Friday
                Last edited by Newbie2it; 12-16-2008, 01:20 AM.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I wish! Temps dropped 50 degrees yesterday.

Comment

Bah, you think your not going to have another day this winter to ride? Besides, 50 degrees ain't all that bad, Try in the teens and let me know LOL.

Tho lately our temps have been on a huge seesaw, teens to upper 60's back and forth. kinda nice tho, No snow. Rode last year, both on Christmas and New Years. Wouldn't mind a repeat performance. Gonna order new tires for my Gix tomorrow tho cause I no longer can see tread on the rear.
                    Last edited by Newbie2it; 12-16-2008, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                      Bah, you think your not going to have another day this winter to ride? Besides, 50 degrees ain't all that bad, Try in the teens and let me know LOL.
                      No I mean it WAS 50, and they dropped to the single digits!

10 degrees and everything's ice coated this morning in Oklahoma. Why can't these Cannucks keep this crap to themselves? All I hear on the weather report is "cold blast of Canadian air coming down over the US"... kinda makes me resent them a little.

Comment

good deal

Comment

Working...
                        X