X

frustrated ready to throw in the towel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frustrated ready to throw in the towel

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, the problem with my bike(95 kat 600) is that it idles real low,when I adjust the idle adjustment screw up a little it dies, and won't start till I back it off some. When I have it idleing like that, if I turn the throttle it dies, or let off the choke a little it dies, I checked and cleaned all the jets and ports in my carbs, set the float level, made sure my choke was operating correctly, checked my petcock, everything is within specs, I even went as far as to check my valves and clearance, but the darn thing still has that problem, I know it might be running lean, cause when I add any kind of air adjustment(i.e. throttle)it dies. I replaced the plugs and checked the ignition system, it's ok. Maybe I overlooked something, I'm kind of leaning towards a carb problem, but don't quite know what, it's never been jetted, it's stock, so I don't know, please help, hate to have to send it out.

What did you set the air/fuel mixture screws to? Any vacuum leak?

Comment

I set the air fuel mixture screws three turns, and no vacuum leaks, not that I can see or hear, I checked the airbox to carb, carb to engine,vacuum chambers, o-rings, sync ports, caps everything.

Comment

Working...
      X