miss,hesitation around 6-9000rpms:(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miss,hesitation around 6-9000rpms:(

hi all,

i am ahving problems with my 88gsxf600. ive replaced all seals in carbs including the ones underneath the security screws .and floats.

i have adjusted the needles and mixture screws to every possible setting..when i adjust mixture screws it works good for 10 minuites then back to shit...hesitation gurgling miss around 6-9ooorpm.

ive put new plugs 3 times. ive spent every day off driving stopping ripping out carbs adjusting and driving....etc

ive had the best luck with the screws turned out to 21/4 but as i said i turn them a bit it runs fine for 10 minuites or if im lucky for a half hour then back to the problem.....

any way im looking for some advise before i end up taking it to a bike shop.

thanks alot
    mike
    sigpicMike
    1990 gsx-f 600

found problem from reading other posts...

took mixture screws out and found that bthere was some build up of dirt or rubber or what not and blew it out with air ..whew

now she runs great...just need to put some fine tuning in to her.

i have a jet kit installed and i have the clip at second fr top and screws 23/4 turns and after i rev bike and let off it stays at 2 grand rpm and after 10 seconds goes right down to 1 grand can any one help with some advise??? thanks
    sigpicMike
    1990 gsx-f 600

Comment

That is your idle adjustment. Your bike should idle around 1500 rpms after it is warmed up. Make sure your carbs are all pulling the same pressure then set your idle. If your carbs are not in sync then it will not idle properly. The idle adjustment knob is on the left hand side just below the fuel switch.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

The "hanging idle" is usually caused by a slightly lean mix . Turn your pilot screws out another 1/4 turn and see what happens . If it goes BELOW idle then comes back up after blipping , it's too rich . Hangs for a couple seconds before dropping back to normal , too lean .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks for the tips ,,, will try.....i actually just turned them lut to three and a half and it seems to get better but its dark out so ill try tommorow..thanks
          sigpicMike
          1990 gsx-f 600

Comment

Working...
          X