No announcement yet.
X

Am I Running Lean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine had a bit of a stumble in similar conditions , so yesterday I turned my pilots out a smidge (less than 1/4 I believe) , and the stumble went away . Just food for thought , I guess .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaMan
      while were on the subject. I have a full Vance and Hines exhaust, K&N filter, and a jet kit. We just jetted it and it still is popping when slowing down. Also, since the jet kit went on when I am under 4k if I crack the throttle it has a nasty stutter to it but once it hits around 4500 its perfectly fine. I normally don't have the RPMs that low but it happens and when it does it really sucks.

any suggestions on that one?
      not synched correctally, check your synch, and your air/fuel mix, sound a lil lean still. also did you just throw the jet kit in? or did you clean the carbs out and do a full gasket replacement?

if doing a jetkit, a good clean/soalk, and also a gasket rebuild will definetally help. whats the point of trying to put more gas into a carb thats all guncked up and restricting gas flow / clean fuel combustion.
      a crab synch, for a noob, no clue what so ever on bikes, should not be done. im not saying your imcompetant, but its a good 3-4 hour job to synch up correctally ( pleez dont flame we know you' done it 5 times all you patroit jet kit installers) but for the 1st timer it should be a 4 hour job or so. thats how long it took me and my cousin on his ninja. what a pain in the ass bike to get to the jets

i hope this helps, and mabie cyber will back me up on this one?....
      ------------------------------------------------------
      Lean in Lean out.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
      2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
      2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
      2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by xbubbax
        a crab synch, for a noob, no clue what so ever on bikes, should not be done. im not saying your imcompetant, but its a good 3-4 hour job to synch up correctally ( pleez dont flame we know you' done it 5 times all you patroit jet kit installers) but for the 1st timer it should be a 4 hour job or so.
        <THIS IS NOT A FLAME>

The first time I did a carb sync it took the time to take off everything in the way (20 - 40 minutes), 10 minutes to sync, and then the time to reassemble everything -- on a Kat. The next week I did it to another Kat and it took about the same amount of time... The real question is how long it takes you to strip down the stuff in the way -- not how long it takes to do the sync itself normally (unless the carbs are screwy/dirty/bad)... I don't want to make any comments on how long it takes on a ninja, because I have no clue...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I think maybe he meant for the jet-kit install and stuff , too . But even then , it's only a couple hours , really .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by SUPA-FLY-KAT
            GUYS, I WAS JUST WANDERING...I KNOW TO JET YOUR CARBS , YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE NEEDLES....BUT WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS MECHANICALLY WHEN YOU HAVE TO "REJET" ?
            iWould not say you have to change the needles depending on the size of jets you go up to the needle will make a difference I went up 1 size on all the jets synced and turned mixing screws out 2.75 turns and it was like riding a new bike

ya and I know most people will say you can get more if you change the needles the taper on the needles are different what changes the amount of fuel that gets delivered to the engine at a different RPM range and also put shims in what waits for a higher RPM range before the main jet is all the way open allowing for a bigger size jet to me used.

For 15 buck you can change just the jets if you can decide the jet size you would like to go to
            it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
            Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

My roommate is the one that did everything. He rebuilt his 900RR and his F2 so he's good with bikes and mechanics in general. We did it very late at night before a funeral ride for one of our buddies so Im not sure how much time he spent syncing everything up. Everything was cleaned thoroughly (i did that part lol) and it has some gunk built up.
              on a side note, my battery died the other day so I bought a new one and half of the low rpm stuttering went away. I seriously did nothing but change the battery. I am going to replace my spark plugs this weekend and see if that finishes up the problem if not I will ride back to my old roommates house and tell him to help me sync them up. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X