X

steering stabilizer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering stabilizer?

anyone know of if they make a steering dampner or stabilizer for a pre? or anyone custom fit one on?

Nope. If you get a Kat to tankslap, you best be looking at your front end not being aligned right.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by 96 stuntin 101 View Post
      anyone know of if they make a steering dampner or stabilizer for a pre? or anyone custom fit one on?
      If you need a steering stabilizer on your Kat you're riding it wrong..

Comment

I was gonna say that BP

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          If you need a steering stabilizer on your Kat you're riding it wrong..
          Or have a mechanical issue .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've tank slapped a few times on the Kat, Usually under decel coming to a stop light. Always with my hands off the bars Usually on rough (read that as car abused and pushed up) pavement. First time , thought it was me, retested and had the same results. Played it from several angles. Added new tires (cause I needed them) Same results. It was the actual road bed.

Stopped in traffic I noticed the same intersections footprint. High alternating mounds of asphalt in tandem. The Kat would always tank slap if I let the bars go. If not, I would absorb the energy and no issues.

My K4 doesn't repeat this, tho it has a stabilizer.

As for a stabilizer for a Pre.. Good luck with that. I have not found one yet.
            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Lol, I dont think anyone makes stabilizers for Kats.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                I've tank slapped a few times on the Kat, Usually under decel coming to a stop light. Always with my hands off the bars Usually on rough (read that as car abused and pushed up) pavement. First time , thought it was me, retested and had the same results. Played it from several angles. Added new tires (cause I needed them) Same results. It was the actual road bed.

Stopped in traffic I noticed the same intersections footprint. High alternating mounds of asphalt in tandem. The Kat would always tank slap if I let the bars go. If not, I would absorb the energy and no issues.

My K4 doesn't repeat this, tho it has a stabilizer.

As for a stabilizer for a Pre.. Good luck with that. I have not found one yet.
                Mine would do the same thing, Before I got a straight wheel for it!

Comment

they do not make a stabilizer for Katana's per se. You just need to get a 41mm ID stabilizer for the fork and fab up a mount on the frame it's pretty easy actually. I have a 41mm stabilizer, haven't decided if it's going on the dream kat yet.

Comment

Tank slapped a few times on my 5h1tty OME tyres. Put on the z6's and now I could ride all day with the hands off if I had the talent

Comment

im not having any problems with tank slap or head shake or anything like that im always in good controll and goin straight the reason i ask is i had one on my R6 and i needed it with the stuntin i do on it (yes i turned it into my stunt ride) been downed a couple times thats why!! but anyway i wanna put one on my pre cuz yes i do,do some stunts on it during the summer at stunt shows for the fruit cake riders who always tell me "you cant stunt a kan-a-tuna" so i show em up...i like my pride!! i love my kat almost more then my r6 but thats why i wanna fab one up on it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 96 stuntin 101 View Post
                        im not having any problems with tank slap or head shake or anything like that im always in good controll and goin straight the reason i ask is i had one on my R6 and i needed it with the stuntin i do on it (yes i turned it into my stunt ride) been downed a couple times thats why!! but anyway i wanna put one on my pre cuz yes i do,do some stunts on it during the summer at stunt shows for the fruit cake riders who always tell me "you cant stunt a kan-a-tuna" so i show em up...i like my pride!! i love my kat almost more then my r6 but thats why i wanna fab one up on it!!
                        Stuntin? When I was a kid, it was just called stupid!

Next they'll make it an Olympic sport

Comment

Mine started to tank slap when entering a corner once. I slowed up a little and it stopped, but my front tire wasn't the greatest at the time either. I have gone into the same corner a few times since, and no problems.

I don't think a stabilizer is necessary, but I don't see a disadvantage either.
                          myspace
                          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

it just help when i need the bike to go straight without havin to worry bout some tank slap or head shake i need the handle bars to stay where i leave em and that straight especially when i stand on the tank or am sceechin out behind the bike kinda helps with endos also

Comment

I don't think stunting is stupid I think stunting on a KATANA is stupid. If you have a bike that can do it, and you can do it, more power too you, just don't do it on a public street.

Comment

Working...
                              X