X

Winterizing your bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing your bike

SInce winter is almost here and its time for (some) of us to winterize our bike. So with all these experienced people out there, what would one have to do?
    Here I sit in stinky vapour, waiting for some toilet paper. How much longer must I linger, before I start using my finger.

Move to California, Texas, Or Florida. Trust me Minnesota is not far south enough.

There, now you have wintereized your bike!

Or if you don't want to move, you can check out Cyber's

"How to store or winterize your motorcycle for a extended period of time."
    motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Hey, I think I beat Cyber to it..... 8)
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Nick and I place on centre stand, or stands, fill tank, put in stabilizer, plug holes (exhaust etc), remove battery, cover. And let simmer until sauce thickens.
      I think thats it. You can get way more into detail, but that all we do.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

a little tip....DO NOT CHANGE the oil filter....drain the oil...OVERFILL (about 5 liters) with the cheapest, crapiest oil available. NEVER RUN ENGINE with this junk.

In the spring...drain oil...put in good oil and new filter.

The old oil has sulphurs and other contaminants such as moisture that are detrimental to the engine....by filling up the cranckcase, you are eliminating the surface area exposed to moisture.

Good tip about the exhaust outlet...stuff a rag in it...also stuff a rag in the airbox (critters might make a nest!)

Comment

Working...
        X