Bike starts but stalls and won't idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike starts but stalls and won't idle

Hi Gang,

I posted this on "please help" thread and got no replys so I thought I'd start a new thread:

I've been reading this thread and it sounds kinda like the same problem I've been having. It ran fine one weekend then the next weekend it started ok but it would die after i turned the choke off. When I leave the choke at 1/2 it seems to idle ok. Here's a little bit of history on the bike.

It's an '06 Katana 600 that I got at the dealership last year with 30 miles on it (sweet deal). Right now I have 600 miles on it, mostly around town riding. There's 1/2 tank of gas that is probably 2 months old. I haven't taken it in for the 1st service yet because I thought I'd wait til spring. Today its supposed to be 72 deg. in Albuquerque so I'd sure like to take it out for a spin. What's the 1st thing I should look for?

Oh, and dave99md I hope you figure it out dude

dave99md had the wrong fuel filter on his. Is yours the right one?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

check fuel, then make sure its getting to carbs after check sparkplugs and air filter maybe a bit of crap got into carbs just check it over one thing at a time to eliminate the problem

Comment

Again, I have to ask....... does anyone get warranties anymore? Anyway, like they are saying, check to see if you have a filter installed inline of the fuel lines, if you do, get them off. If the bike runs fine after that, you found the problem. Buy new filters. If not check all vent hoses and tank vent for blockages. Do your process of elimination before you buy anything unless you have a warranty that covers mechanical problems, take it back to the shop you bought it from.

Has this bike been sitting? Is this an all of the sudden problem? did it happen over time?
        Last edited by Kfreak; 11-02-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X