X

cylinder head cover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder head cover

hello all...i have never had the cylinder head cover off a motorcycle so i wasnt sure if this was normal or not but when i removed it there was carbon build up on part of the cover but not all, would this mean that i need valve adjusting? i took a couple of pics so yall could c what i mean, thanx for the input

that llooks exacly like mine did i know i am probaly not right at all but mabey some exaust gets by the valves

Comment

You got tiny feet .
      Just spray the thing down with some brake cleaner and wipe it off . I wouldn't worry TERRIBLY about it . Unless you're abusing/neglecting the bike , or using REALLY crappy oil or something .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

LMFAO,

MD, only you would take note on the size of his feet, Thats friken hilarious.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

WOW, those are either really small feet or friggin huge pants

Comment

Kweef, that darkened residue is from an overheat at some point - or close to it. Nothing major, probably due to extended idling in traffic during the warmer months. As stated above, just clean up the cover, check the valves and use a good quality oil and stock oil filter. It wouldn't hurt to also add a magnet - contact CP for one for a little extra insurance.
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

That's oil residue that has burned. It's probably not abnormal but reflects on the kind of oil you use or how often you change it. What brand / weight / type of oil are you using?

Comment

first off i have a size 13 shoe and my pants are jsut long lol anyways i dont know what type of oil was in it before cuz i jsut purchased the bike but ill just clean it off and when i tear it apart next winter i will c what it looks like, what oil would you reccomend?

Comment

Something without the friction modifiers most car oils have nowadays is usually good .

Comment

hmm so what im gettin is that there could b multiple causes...ill have to find some good oil and avoid traffic lol

Comment

Castrol 4 stroke oil. 10/40. At least he has socks on. You could have been looking at grody toe nails. I'm against open toe shoes. That's just gross.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                        At least he has socks on.
                        heck ur lucky i was wearin pants lol

Comment

Comment

Hey hey hey , this is a family friendly biker forum .

Comment

Working...
                            X