X

enigine idling problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enigine idling problems

All I did was change my gas tank and my bike started to die out, had everything done that I could think of carb tune, valve check, tune-up and still had same problem. Oh yeah I blew out the gas filter also. Re-routed the gas lines and it started working with out dying out. Now it sometimes revs out of control. Checked throttle to make sure the cable was not binding. After a night of going over what I think might be the problem the next day it is running like it was when I bought it which is good. So I pose this question, does anyone have any ideas and also if anyone knows if say the tank I bought was maybe re-coated inside and that the coating material might be the issue.

Did you check to make sure the correct hoses on the tank are hooked up where they should be? I got a cigarette that says when the tank was put back on the hoses got hooked up backwards
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

No the hoses are installed correctly.

Comment

Alright, well there goes the easy fix. Does it rev out of control often? What do you mean by out of control? I doubt any tank coating would cause a bad idle, unless it was done wrong flaked off and got sucked through your pilot jets. Is it just the weird idle and runs fine otherwise? I had the little retainer on the throttle cable at the handle come loose when I was riding once and it started adding its own throttle input, you said you checked the cable what about all the connections?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The obvious. Dirt or rust pluggin the pilots.. You like punishment don't you?
          Last edited by Kfreak; 10-24-2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X