X

coil question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil question

I have a Dyna 2000 ignition for my modded engine, but no coils. I came across a nice set of Dyna coils on ebay, but I can't seem to find the coil primary resistance spec in my manual. Does anyone know what it is for the 1127 oil cooled engines? Is it 3 ohms? It is a 93 ssx1100f if anyone has a manual and think they can find it. I am probably just blind and missed it...but would like to know before bidding.
    Thanks.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Did some research and found out with a Suzuki 93 1100, on the model DDK3 Dyna 2000 Ignition, you can go with a 2.3 or 3 OHM Dyna coil. I put Google to the test trying to find that info. Check out this site Mojoe.

Hope this helps some. If not maybe someone else has some better info.

Comment

ya....I saw that. That is the exact same system I have. I saw that it said 2.3 or 3 ohms, but I was just curious what stock was. There is a nice set of Dyna coils on ebay which retail for $140 each going for $40 for the 2, so far. Only thing is the guy wants $35 to ship from PA to Vermont. I can drive there and back for about that much in gas. Still cheaper than new, but man...it's the principal. I hate people who gouge you with shipping fees. Just raise the starting bid and be honest with the shipping. It only cost me $8 to ship a set of carbs to Lou. Got 2 wheels from CA for $26.
      $35 for 2 coils...ya, right.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Well good luck with the project. I know it's gonna be awesome when complete.

Comment

Working...
        X