X

Datatool Install - HELP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datatool Install - HELP!

i am thinking about installing a digital gear indicator made by Datatool.co.uk and want to make sure that it will work with the pre-98. does anybody ever used this on their ride? i attached a copy of the install instruction and pls. tell me if this would work? how easy/hard is it to locate the correct wires and hook it up? thanks

PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Re: Datatool Install - HELP!

Originally posted by seqx34
    i am thinking about installing a digital gear indicator made by Datatool.co.uk and want to make sure that it will work with the pre-98. does anybody ever used this on their ride? i attached a copy of the install instruction and pls. tell me if this would work? how easy/hard is it to locate the correct wires and hook it up? thanks

http://www.58cycle.com/images/Parts/...s/digiinst.pdf
    according to the first sentence of the above PDF, it will not work. The pre-98 Kats do not use an electronic speedo.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry about that CP I should have also mentioned that they have a different version for bikes with cable driven speedo (like the Ducati's) but an electronic tach is still needed. pre-98's do have an electric tach, dont they thanks CP

NEW! DiGI (Digital Gear Indicator).

Often wonder what gear you are in? With today's close gear ratio streetbikes, it's often hard to tell. With the DiGI Gear Indicator...you'll know exactly what gear you are in all the time!

The Datatool Digital Gear Indicator (DIGI-E) is suitable for use on motorcycles equipped with an electronic speedometer and electric rev counter (that is bikes that ONLY have electrical wiring to the gauges!). The digital system relates the electronic pulses between the two inputs, and once installed and setup, indicates the gear ratio of your bike.

There is a different version (DIGI-C) for cable drive Speedo's like Ducatis, and many older sportbikes. (You still need to have an Electronic Tacho.)

Features:

Indicates up to 8 gear ratios

Auto dim for night time use

Gives added control and safety

Protects engines from costly over downshifts
      PAUL
      93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Originally posted by seqx34
        Sorry about that CP I should have also mentioned that they have a different version for bikes with cable driven speedo (like the Ducati's) but an electronic tach is still needed. pre-98's do have an electric tach, dont they thanks CP
        Yes, they have an electronic tach.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hi seqx34,

I've installed an Acumen digi gear indicator on my 2003 Kat. My Kat has an electronic Tacho. I did have a small problem where it would not recognise the neutral switch. I had to phone the manufactures and with there help managed to find a way around it. To install it was not too difficult but be carfull that you do not short out any wires by accident. Yup I did just that and ended up popping the diodes in the side stand relay.

To be totally honest with you it's not one of the most accurate things when it comes to telling you what gear you are in. The reason I say this is that there is a delay before it tells you what gear you are in, but by that time you have already changed into a different one.

If I know what I know now about it, I would not have bought one.

Tokalosh

Comment

Working...
          X