X

Pre98 750 Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre98 750 Exhaust

Has anyone kept the stock headers and used two slip-ons as to not lose the dual exhaust? If so what brands and what jet kit to use? Thanks for any advice or comments. Looking for a performance upgrade not just a different sound.

I too like the dual exhaust look , but as far as I know , there's only one company that has them for the Kat . Cobra F-1's I believe (SOMEBODY has them here ... ) . Dunno what , if ANYTHING , they'll do for performance since they're only a "slip-on" can(s) , but the jet kit will give you a LITTLE change ... I wouldn't expect to be pulling mad powere wheelies with just a slip on and jet kit , but it might SOUND like you're cool . If you want REAL power gains from a pipe you'll need a full system with a jet kit .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

has anyone ever tried just installing 2 aftermarket cans that you would find on a full system? Why couldn't you? 2 nice microns that match the color of the bike would be cool, wouldn't it?
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

So gains from the full system are made in the headers diameter? I thought some might be had in a can flowing more. I guess its going to be the V@H ss2r then. By the way , no wheelies done by me even if my kat could.

Comment

Re: Pre98 750 Exhaust

Originally posted by jfray
          Has anyone kept the stock headers and used two slip-ons as to not lose the dual exhaust? If so what brands and what jet kit to use? Thanks for any advice or comments. Looking for a performance upgrade not just a different sound.
          I have the Cobra F1-s pipes on my Kat, They are so Choice, very nice, If you have the means I highly reccomend picking up a set. There are some that have installed these and found a jet kit to be very benificial.

Comment

i want ur pipes!! lol

Comment

what size rear tire is that?

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
              "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

go to Chris's ride profile and you will see this
                Cobra F1s pipes, airtech solo cowl, 98+ swingarm and suspension parts, Gsxr 750 shock, 170 Rer Tire on 98+ 4.5" rim, Gsxr front master cylinder and res, 750 triple and bars,
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

is the 98+ swingarm a necessity to run a 170 rear tire or would i be just fine using a 98+ rim for that? my friend has a 180 tire on his SRAD, and that's what i was shooting for, but if chris's is a 170 that appears to be fine for me. the 160 is just a tad skinnier than i prefer, i didn't realize 170 was that big....

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
                  "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Yes, you will need the swingarm to run a 170...safely.

I believe its a clearance issue with the inside width of the swingarm, and may also be an issue with the rear brake extension arm

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
                      Yes, you will need the swingarm to run a 170...safely.

I believe its a clearance issue with the inside width of the swingarm, and may also be an issue with the rear brake extension arm
                      To add, the location is key here. The pre98 has the caliper support on top and mostly in the way and the 98+ is underneith and less likely to be as big a issue.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                      X