X

stupid peg question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid peg question

This is a stupid peg question. The rear pegs have a spring and a ball bearing to hold them up. There is also a Pillion plate I think it's called, according to Ron Ayers. Does the pillion plate seat the bearing, or can I go without it?
    Dude, if I could swim, I'd be a Pirate.

I think your talking about part #27 and #28. I don't have one on my 1998 but the pic below shows one on the 2002. So i guess I have no idea but don't worry Cyberpoet will be along soon.

I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

yeah, I have a 99, but the pegs I am getting are off an 04. don't think they are any different. I just kinda need to know what I need to make them work. i'm assuming Parts #24 and 25, all of which cost pennies.
      Dude, if I could swim, I'd be a Pirate.

Comment

Without the parts, the pegs will vibrate freely and won't "click" into the up or down positions. The plate is critical -- the spring and ball bearing can sometimes be fudged from other sources (such as some click-style ball-point pens, etc). If the parts cost pennies, just get them all and replace them. Remember that if your order is too small to justify the $7 shipping charge, order it through your local dealership instead (if you pay double on the tiny parts, but double only comes up to $4 more, it would be foolish to pay $7 shipping) -- either that, or tag onto the order with stuff you know you'll end up needing in the long run, such as extra oil filters, plugs, suzuki tools (oil filter wrench, valve tappet adjustment tool).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X