X

The saga continues!!! HELP.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The saga continues!!! HELP.

Well i took off the oil pan,strainer to see if i could find anything to determain where this 'whurrring' noise is coming from,nothing I have checked the starter,gennerator,clutch,cam chain, valve train,nothing .So, now onto the oil pump,nothing I found a few light scratches on the pump gears,but no indication of any problems,i am at a complete loss here,i don't want to pull the motor without really knowing what the problem is.When it was running i took it to a couple of bike shops,but they were little to no help,saying its to old,maybe,but it only has 11k miles on it, not enough to be that concerned about.If anyone has a clue as to what it may be,please let me know,thanks.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

are you absolutely sure it is coming from the engine? Does it do it at idle sitting still, or when you are moving?
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Both

Comment

Any chance you can record and digitize the noise for us to listen to?

The next major possibility in my mind is the output shaft bearings for the main shaft to the tranny. But if the bike is running correctly without signs of any issues, perhaps what you need is to grin and bear it for a little while and see if it resolves itself. Oddly enough, sometimes tipping the bike on it's side can dislodge excess shavings in the tranny or other recesses that may be involved, but it something you're not likely to do intentionally (other users have made similar comments after inadvertently dropping the bike in the grass, etc).

I'll keep routing for you. Are you coming to the rally?
        Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

We may be able tog et some video of it Cyber, and then send it to ya if you would be so nice as to host it for us.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

The bike is in pieces right now,i have resolved to the fact that i will have to pull the motor.I am reluctant to run the bike as is, to see if it indeed would right it's self,but the noise dosen't sound like anything i have ever heard before,so i don't really want to risk making it worse.I am waiting for a manual to come in the mail,before i pull the motor and start taking it apart,i just wish i new what it was,as to make the job a little less frustrating and just go to the problem.Thanks for the input guys,if you think of anything else let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              We may be able tog et some video of it Cyber, and then send it to ya if you would be so nice as to host it for us.
              As always, I'll be happy to host it

Originally posted by ne-oublie
              The bike is in pieces right now,i have resolved to the fact that i will have to pull the motor.I am reluctant to run the bike as is, to see if it indeed would right it's self,but the noise dosen't sound like anything i have ever heard before,so i don't really want to risk making it worse.I am waiting for a manual to come in the mail,before i pull the motor and start taking it apart,i just wish i new what it was,as to make the job a little less frustrating and just go to the problem.Thanks for the input guys,if you think of anything else let me know.
              Well, if you can get it running long enough for Lou to get some video with good sound, I might be able to give you a more educated guess.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am willing to bet that it is coming from the tranny/clutch basket. valves don't whirr....they knock. Slack in the cam chain will not whirr either....if it is that slack, it will give a slight "clunk"...same as the drive drain, but muffled and you would almost need a stethescope to hear it. Crank and rods don't whirr either....so that pretty much just leaves the tranny/clutch basket....and trannies have been known to whirr. it would do it when you are still and when you are moving.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                X