X

Pre Gas Tank Capacity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves
    You said "I'm trying to calculate my MPG, what's the size of the fuel tank."

The size of the tank has nothing to do with the MPG received.

Originally posted by kennedy3323 View Post
    I have searched and found that the Post is 5.3gal but can not for the life of me find out what the Pre holds. Anybody know?

-James
    You are correct about the tank having nothing to do with what my MPG would be. However, that was not my question. All I asked was the capacity of the Pre tank. Now I will be able to calculate the exact distance or time frame between fill-ups.

I am and have been very aware of how to do simple math. Thanks for your concern. :

Originally posted by DumbLuck
    geeee, silly me, i reset the trip meter on the speedo and do a quick bit of mental math each fill. Guess i best start making things alot more complicated.

Hello Captain Obvious!
    '94 Suzuki GSX 600 Katana w/ 12k miles

Comment

lol, I'm just trying to figure out exact mpg. I normally put in about 3.5 gallons when I get low and that fills it up.
      You are correct about the tank having nothing to do with what my MPG would be. However, that was not my question. All I asked was the capacity of the Pre tank. Now I will be able to calculate the exact distance or time frame between fill-ups.

I am and have been very aware of how to do simple math. Thanks for your concern. :

Hello Captain Obvious!
      But that isn't the question you asked.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        But that isn't the question you asked.
        Steves, that wasn't even a question.... It was a statement.

Comment

Steves, that wasn't even a question.... It was a statement.

Telling the board owner to put a stick in it and generally being a smart-arse... Good for you, bro. Go get 'em.

"Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

If he feels that way then so be it.

Comment

If he feels that way then so be it.
              Dude - seriously...

You posted "lol, I'm just trying to figure out exact mpg. I normally put in about 3.5 gallons when I get low and that fills it up." (check it out, back on page 1)

People tried to kindly give you 'captain obvious' answers (myself included), because you said you were trying to figure out (what was apparent to everyone who read the above post to be) a 'captain obvious' problem. The only time fuel capacity comes into the equation is when you're trying to figure out your range (which by your own admission, was not what you were after).

I suppose we all could have just posted, "Jebus, you're a f#$%ing dumbass, fuel capacity has nothing to do with mpg" without trying to help ya out, but that's not the nature of most folks that hang out here.

I'm just suggesting that you ratchet your 'tude down just a smidge. Lots gets lost in translation between the brain and the board...
              Last edited by VifferJim; 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
                Dude - seriously...

You posted "lol, I'm just trying to figure out exact mpg. I normally put in about 3.5 gallons when I get low and that fills it up." (check it out, back on page 1)

People tried to kindly give you 'captain obvious' answers (myself included), because you said you were trying to figure out (what was apparent to everyone who read the above post to be) a 'captain obvious' problem. The only time fuel capacity comes into the equation is when you're trying to figure out your range (which by your own admission, was not what you were after).

I suppose we all could have just posted, "Jebus, you're a f#$%ing dumbass, fuel capacity has nothing to do with mpg" without trying to help ya out, but that's not the nature of most folks that hang out here.

I'm just suggesting that you ratchet your 'tude down just a smidge. Lots gets lost in translation between the brain and the board...
                So long as you're happy Jim, I'm happy.

At least I get to laugh when people contradict themselves.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  So long as you're happy Jim, I'm happy.

At least I get to laugh when people contradict themselves.
                  I'm always happy (unless I've got oil spraying out of my valve cover onto my forks because I didn't RTV the gasket after doing the valves like I should have).

Comment

The most fuel i ever put in it was 3.9 gallons - and that was some highway miles to the gas station on reserve

Comment

Working...
                    X