X

Carb problem? Help me troubleshoot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb problem? Help me troubleshoot!

I have a 1996 kawasaki zx6r that was recently knocked over in a driveway. Broke the brake lever so it got left there for 2-3 days until I could install a new lever to ride it home - but on the ride home I noticed it had a hesitation around 5-7000RPM and leaked a bit of antifreeze in my driveway. I knew the spark plug wires were kinda ghetto before this so I removed them and replaced them.

Took the right fairing off and turns out the leak was because when the bike fell it partially crushed the main line on the right side of the radiator. I took a vice grip and some spare rubber tubing to avoid scratches and squeezed it back to being round and installed a new clamp, topped the radiator off and sealed it up. Those problems seem to be fixed, but on my test ride I let it warm up and then went WOT through the first 3 or 4 gears to see if it felt different. It ran like a champ, no hesitation and pulled hard.

All seemed well until I got to the stop light at the end of that road - the bike stuttered and died. It started up fine and stuttered really bad for a mile or so, then it seemed to clear up and it ran fine all the way home. I'm scared to run it WOT again until I figure the problem out - it doesnt seem like a vacuum leak and I don't think it's the carbs because it runs fine until after going WOT for a while.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Might have just flooded and fouled a plug temp going WOT, Since it cleared and seems to be ok now, I would try it agian and see if its repetable. Its possible on the fall over that the float height on the carbs might have gotten a little off.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

its a kawi there famous for the floats going out of adjustment from impacts
      I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Working...
      X