X

Transmission help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission help!

My transmission is locked up and will not move at all but there is no broken gears? Could someone point me in the right direction here. The motor will start with the clutch pulled in but could there still be a clutch problem. BTW when i say the motor is locked i mean i can not move the countershaft at all not even with a wrench, same for the clutch basket.
    Last edited by mxracer1115; 09-22-2008, 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's been a while since I had my motor apart but...

The right half of the pic. It looks like a piece of the gear from the top right is sticking out to the left of the top left gear.

I hope I am wrong... but the top right gear looks like a good size chunk is missing.

Comment

I think it is the flash making is appear like there is a chunk missing but there isnt all of the gears look in good shape.

Comment

your problem lies in the shifter mechanism circled in the photo the tooth notches are suppose to return to center so yank the clutch basket and findout what popped loose and jammed it between gears from the looks of the 2nd pic the detent roller isnt down in its groove
        Attached Files
        I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Working...
        X