No announcement yet.
X

could use some advice on fitting carbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could use some advice on fitting carbs.

Ok...I seem to have run into the same problem as lou with the 40mm carbs (bst40ss mikunis). My tank won't sit in place because they are too high. Has anyone ever run into this problem? It hits on the petcock. Any suggestions? Unlike Lou, I have NO CHOICE to make it fit cuz 40mm is the absolute minimum I can use with my V&H engine. By the way....this is for the 1100 kat.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

The obvious answer is getting a race petcock, which consumes less space. You could alternatively raise the tank (at least if it mounts like the 98+ style tanks: hooks in the front, 2 bolts in the rear) by getting longer bolts and some extra spacers, but that would probably make the fit for the seat and the fairings rather poor.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I also posted on www.dragbike.com because these guys race and stuff, so someone muct have run into similar problems. I was thinking of sealing the hole where my petcock is and relocating it, and one guy said it would be a good idea anyway cuz when running 1/4 miles with less than a gallon and a half of fuel, the accelleration would bring all the gas to the rear of the tank and the fuel pickup would not be covered. So I guess that is another option that others do. I have 2 spare tanks, so I guess I can experiment.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
      X