X

Windscreen repair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen repair

So I was just cleaning up after bleeding my front breaks when I accidentally hit the windscreen with some brake cleaner. it hazed up, and I tried to wipe it off, but I'm afraid I was too late. Is there any kind of plastic 'polish' I can use to buff it out, or will I have to replace it?

The brake fluid I let out was slightly darker than MGD, but didn't contain any visible sediment. Either way, I'm glad I did 'em (at 11k miles) I have a better feel in the brake lever, and it doesn't require quite as much lever travel to get me stopped quick.

geoff

Originally posted by goffenator View Post
    So I was just cleaning up after bleeding my front breaks when I accidentally hit the windscreen with some brake cleaner. it hazed up, and I tried to wipe it off, but I'm afraid I was too late. Is there any kind of plastic 'polish' I can use to buff it out, or will I have to replace it?

The brake fluid I let out was slightly darker than MGD, but didn't contain any visible sediment. Either way, I'm glad I did 'em (at 11k miles) I have a better feel in the brake lever, and it doesn't require quite as much lever travel to get me stopped quick.

geoff
    I use farecla products and if I am not mistaken Mojoe has had good results on windscreens using a polish from mopar. Whatever product you use, you will want to use a high speed buffing wheel.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

It looks like Farecla makes a lot of different rubbing compounds. Is there a particular one I should start with, or just work my way up from fine to coarse?

Thanks,
      Geoff

Comment

G3 and a foam pad should do the trick. If you intend on sanding it first you would need to use a wool pad to get the sanding scratches out and then a foam pad to get the marks left behind from the wool pad.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I can't imagine have to replace the whole thing just for that. Definitely check out the products these guys have recommended...

Comment

Working...
          X