X

oil leak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak?

On the top of the engine there are four bolt heads, right by the spark plug tubes. I have oil leaking from the left two. The two on the right are fine. Any ideas? I can get a pic if my explanation is not clear. Thanks.

These bolts should have a sealing washer on them, when taking them out to work on the head they stick to either the cam cover or the bolt & can easily get missed or mixed up (eg 2 washers on one bolt & none on another)

Just whip all 4 out & make sure all the washers are present, correct, undamaged & there is actually one on each bolt
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Are these just standard washers or what...do I need to order them? So they sit on top of the valve cover in between the cover and the bolt?

Comment

They are a soft ally sealing washer mate you will need to get the correct ones imo if some of yours are missing, they dont usually wear so you might get some good ones from someone who is breaking an engine

yes they sit between the bolt & the cover but as i said its easy to mess up putting the bolts back in & end up without one on some bolts so check before rushing off to buy some
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

so the bolts have to come off to see the washers then right? What do these bolts hold, just the cover on?

Comment

yes
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
            X