X

Does our bikes have a rev limiter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does our bikes have a rev limiter?

Just wondering if the kat has a built in rev limiter?

yup

If im not mistaken, and im sure someone will respond with a more exact answer, the Kat hits the rev limiter just above the indicated redline. I also remember hearing that the actual redline for the kat is above the indicated so that the motor will not end up stuck in your shoes.

Comment

is that the thing that makes you lose power when you forget to shift
      The Katana's Big Brother
      1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by katana91
        Ummm...

Comment

yup about a grand past redline and she goes "waaaaana na na na na na" as you go over the bridge, then everyone laughs about it and blows you chit until the end of time.....just ask HS2020
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

The rev limiter shuts down the spark signal for the two center cylinders at 500 RPM before the actual design-redline for the 98+ Kats. I'm not sure if that design-redline is above or is the same as the one indicated on the Tach.

KNOW THIS:
            500 RPM isn't enough protection in neutral to keep you from potentially damaging the engine (the two still-firing cylinders will keep accelerating the engine upwards with no load on it), so don't rev it for all it's worth...

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ah if your in gear you just top out done it ALL the time on my old motor when i was racing (still good and for sale!!!) and well all it would do is just kinda stop moving then im like oh snap shift and go on my merry way lol, but yea its about 3/4 though the red on a 89 750

Comment

Originally posted by OtLa
                Originally posted by katana91
                Ummm...
                yea just ask thaz about that when he gets back on here. i was leaving his house and forgot to shift for some reaseon and pinged it of the revlimiter like 10times...........the only thing is that it probley was good that i did b/c there was a cop areound the corner.
                The Katana's Big Brother
                1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                  yup about a grand past redline and she goes "waaaaana na na na na na" as you go over the bridge, then everyone laughs about it and blows you chit until the end of time.....just ask HS2020
                  Now that you mention it , I have a video on my computer with some guy that does that exact thing . Pretty cool !
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I hit the rev limiter in sixth monday on the parkway. Really didnt mean to. I just tucked up on a open stretch and ran full throttle in sixth for what seemed like only 2-3 seconds. Then wam, hit the rev limiter. Kindof startled me cause I didnt expect it. I was a indicated 155 at the rev limiter in 6th.
                    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ya the rev limiter kicks in at 11.5 or is it 10.5k I just remeber it kicks in 500 rpm before the tach mark shows. I have done it in 2nd a number of times.
                      Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

I got my 97 600 up to 150 indicated and she had a tiny bit left but I had to let off. Now I'm going to have to go out and try it again just to see what happens.

Comment

150 mph your asking to die
                          Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Working...
                          X